Riot needs to fix wards

#11TomorrowDogPosted 11/30/2012 8:42:25 PM
The only reason why I find this game so boring to watch competitively is because of how cheap wards are. Wards make the first 15 minutes of a game superbly passive. With just 150 gold, solos can easily cover their lanes against jungle ganks, thus making the early game a farm fest.

Most of the big teams like to be really aggressive in lane and force their opponent back with trading, which is possible because they have those wards.

Take out the wards and I'm not sure how that encourages more exciting gameplay. How does this make the trading between the laners more exciting if they are worried about if a jungler is going to come and punish their aggression? And are jungle ganks really that awesome and skill-based to watch? Watching two guys stomping on another as he tries to run away?
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#12Kotetsu534Posted 11/30/2012 8:44:29 PM
Yeah, wards actually allow for more aggressive play inside the lane. Can't be aggressive without wards if anyone on the enemy team is MIA or you're already super fed.
---
We are living our lives
Abound with so much information
#13Ravid182Posted 11/30/2012 9:14:38 PM
A jungler doesn't even have to be doing well to buy oracles. When I jungle I am either playing a jungler that can get by wards easily (shaco noct ect) or I am buying an early oracles. I sometimes buy one second back as jungler even if I have not gotten ganks off (especially if)

Plus, most lanes can't realistically ward every way you can gank. And often times even vs good players depending on lane position you can just run through them and get to them before they can get to safety.

They don't need to fix wards, just your creativity as a jungler
#14Alpha218Posted 11/30/2012 11:21:09 PM
They're cutting the cost of oracles but making it so it doesn't last forever. A fair tradeoff. However as it stands junglers play too big a role in the game so more wards is actually welcome.
---
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae81/Alpha218/alphaqx.png
http://www.gamefaqs.com/564484/b (my secret board) ||| www.lostfacts.net (cool spinoff site)
#15VegerunksPosted 11/30/2012 11:26:16 PM
Oh so you hate how cheap wards are? Then you'll hate the new support items they're releasing when they do the patch. There's 3-5 "Sight Stones" that hold ward CHARGES The charges refill everytime you go back to the fountain for free. The lower level sight stones can lay 2 wards at a time and have 3 charges, and the higher level ones have 5-6 charges and can lay 3-4 wards.

Not nearly as bad as all the items that have Summoner spells like Ignite and Promote inside of them as actives/passives.
---
Xbox 360 GamerTag: HolyKnight22
PSN: CrimsonDivide
#16shadyelfPosted 11/30/2012 11:28:36 PM
Yeah, wards actually allow for more aggressive play inside the lane. Can't be aggressive without wards if anyone on the enemy team is MIA or you're already super fed.

This.

On a related note the S2 jungle changes allowed for early ganks (and more ganks in general due to low gold from jungle creeps) which Riot thought would promote early aggression but instead forced laners to play more safe early on.

Now with S3 jungle being more difficult there should be more action in lane.
---
?