Zed or Khaz for mid lane?

#1taco_ninja393Posted 11/30/2012 7:57:31 PM
I want to get an AD caster for my mid lane roster, debating between these two. Which would you recommend and why?
#2MtnJimPosted 11/30/2012 8:03:35 PM
Zed. He has infinite sustain with lifesteal since he has no mana costs. Kha'zix is really, really mana hungry in mid.

Zed also has MUCH better assassination potential. Kha'zix is immediately neutered by the presence of anybody within the "isolation" ring, where Zed can instant gap-close, burst, and get out while his ult+ignite finish his target. Kha'zix goes in, probably dies. If he doesn't get the kill (likely), he can't get out. And even then, it's only possible if you evolve your leap.

Zed also farms ridiculously hard. His pushing spell is on a 3 second CD, where Kha'zix has to wait a long time and choose between harass and farm. Also, Kha'zix can't shoot through minions.

Both are viable, but Zed is more viable.
---
"A world without children... future generations will thank us!" ~ Stan Smith
#3EvilMewtwoPosted 11/30/2012 8:12:59 PM
mana costs and lifesteal have nothing to do with each other

if he's procing lifesteal he isnt using mana
---
Starcraft II: DeimoS.561 [Top 8 Platinum league Protoss]
Core i7-3770k | ASUS GTX 670 | 8GB CORSAIR DDR3 | ASUS P8-Z77V
#4taco_ninja393(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 8:13:21 PM
Zed. He has infinite sustain with lifesteal since he has no mana costs. Kha'zix is really, really mana hungry in mid.

Zed also has MUCH better assassination potential. Kha'zix is immediately neutered by the presence of anybody within the "isolation" ring, where Zed can instant gap-close, burst, and get out while his ult+ignite finish his target. Kha'zix goes in, probably dies. If he doesn't get the kill (likely), he can't get out. And even then, it's only possible if you evolve your leap.

Zed also farms ridiculously hard. His pushing spell is on a 3 second CD, where Kha'zix has to wait a long time and choose between harass and farm. Also, Kha'zix can't shoot through minions.

Both are viable, but Zed is more viable.

hmm, you have swayed me good sir (I was leaning towards Zed, but Khaz has that ridiculous solo damage). Now, as far as build for Zed, I was thinking either Merc or Mobility (for the ganks), Brutalizer into Ghostblade later, BT, FM, GA, last whisper. will that work?
#5hibbijoPosted 11/30/2012 8:14:12 PM
EvilMewtwo posted...

Not true. MANY skills simply reset swing timer with a buff.
---
JOGU.WEBS.COM
~Is my creative side? >.O
#6DottledPosted 11/30/2012 8:14:19 PM
EvilMewtwo posted...

I think you missed his point
---
Overused memes disqualify you from conversing with me.
#7refmonPosted 11/30/2012 8:24:03 PM
I really feel like Zeds weak. His energy costs are too high and doesnt feel useful outside of his ult
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
#8EvilMewtwoPosted 11/30/2012 8:29:06 PM
Dottled posted...
EvilMewtwo posted...

yeah never mind i figured out what he meant. his life is infinite due to lifesteal, and his mana is infinite due to energy. i gotcha.
---
Starcraft II: DeimoS.561 [Top 8 Platinum league Protoss]
Core i7-3770k | ASUS GTX 670 | 8GB CORSAIR DDR3 | ASUS P8-Z77V
#9G0dSlay3rPosted 11/30/2012 8:30:13 PM
Zed is great for mid lane.
Already said - poke, pushing potential and mobility.

I usually go Merc Treads into Brutalizer/Hexdrinker then BT/Last Whisper.
The passive bonus AD from Zed's W allows him to sometimes build LW first and still do enough damage, just as an example.
It's not something i do often, only when i get ridiculously fed... which is pretty often with Zed.

Also, Zed's Burst damage is on AP Eve levels.

R-E-Q-autoattacks - W out of fight = target dead as you walk away
#10MtnJimPosted 11/30/2012 8:37:27 PM
EvilMewtwo posted...
Dottled posted...
EvilMewtwo posted...

yeah never mind i figured out what he meant. his life is infinite due to lifesteal, and his mana is infinite due to energy. i gotcha.

yeah. sorry i didn't make that more clear. And a couple more points in zed's favor:
His W is absurdly strong (better for late- than early-game) due to a free ad deathcap
His high energy costs and low recovery are offset by his bursty nature. He isn't designed to stay in the middle of a fight, he goes in, kills, and gets out.
His passive gives him a surprisingly strong early-mid game (but falls off late as people get magic resist. It conveniently falls off about the same time the W passive takes off with Last Whisper)
---
"A world without children... future generations will thank us!" ~ Stan Smith