support nunu (support main)

#1Beech_tibsPosted 12/1/2012 8:39:31 PM
is support nunu supposed to be passive all through laning phase? I find that generally its best to max boil blood and put a single point into ice ball however the slow really isnt that great and nothing about him really screams agressive... so how do you play him?
while there is nothing wrong with passive supports, i like them just fine.... i just seem to be missing some sort of utility that would make him a decent pick... maybe i just havent been playing him enough but it just seems that in solo queue as well as duo bot boil blood relies heavily on the ad carry not being a moron (hard task) and ice ball just seems lackluster...
i mean the point of a support in my mind is someone who allows the carry to be fed as early as possible, either protects or supplements the carry late game and who places wards
it seems that his late game supplement is good, but early game help is not so much... and i guess anyone could place wards right?
---
I've talked about this about 10,000 times. The Live Balance and Champion Design teams are different groups. I won't be entertaining these questions.-Morello
#2EvilMewtwoPosted 12/1/2012 8:42:46 PM
you can exhaust his carry and phantomdancer your own ad carry

what is not to like? you don't have to be aggressive, you just protect the carry and make sure he wins every trade. if you want to be aggressive there are better supports. nunu is all about farming safely, not losing many matchups, and being able to stomp lategame with bb on the carry + dat ult
---
Starcraft II: DeimoS.561 [Top 8 Platinum league Protoss]
Core i7-3770k | ASUS GTX 670 | 8GB CORSAIR DDR3 | ASUS P8-Z77V
#3Beech_tibs(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 8:47:25 PM
thats just the thing, what skill build and item build lets me do this the best cause the one i use now (standard support +some tank) (one point in ice ball, max BB) doest seem to be worth using
---
I've talked about this about 10,000 times. The Live Balance and Champion Design teams are different groups. I won't be entertaining these questions.-Morello
#4SalvatorePosted 12/1/2012 9:41:52 PM
Keep at it. If you ward well and use the brush effectively, you can zone the enemy carry rather well. Your own carry also needs to make the most of the blood boil / snowball AS meltdown to get favourable trades with the enemy.

Just build as a standard support, and try to take a carry with either long range or great AS scaling. I'm not sure, but I'd imagine that Kog'maw and Caitlyn are Nunu's ideal partners. Possibly Vayne too, depending on the enemy's hard cc.
---
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
#5EvilMewtwoPosted 12/1/2012 9:43:08 PM
vayne nunu is my second favourite lane after graves leona.
---
Starcraft II: DeimoS.561 [Top 8 Platinum league Protoss]
Core i7-3770k | ASUS GTX 670 | 8GB CORSAIR DDR3 | ASUS P8-Z77V
#6SalvatorePosted 12/1/2012 9:50:53 PM
To answer your other question, I normally run WEWE or EWWE, R>W>E>Q (take Q the moment you need it - usually I get it at 8). I run armour red : armour yellow : mr/lvl blue : gold/5 quint.
---
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
#7Flare the EchidnaPosted 12/1/2012 9:51:28 PM
Try to keep blood boil on your AD at all times. If your AD is any good he should be able to CS and harass the enemy AD when they come in to cs. If a fight breaks out, snowball the enemy ad, and make sure you auto if there's fights breaking out. Late game same exact thing.
#8KirbixPosted 12/1/2012 9:53:02 PM
thats just the thing, what skill build and item build lets me do this the best cause the one i use now (standard support +some tank) (one point in ice ball, max BB) doest seem to be worth using

I wouldn't change a thing.

Philo, HoG, Kage, Mercs are core
Aegis, Shurelyas & Randuins when possible
Oracles if you're not getting focused much

Nunu's ult is stupidly powerful with absolutely no AP at all, which means you can have an effect on every team fight with nothing but tank items. It's also amazing for displacing the enemy- if you drop your ult at the right time, you'll either force them to focus you (thereby freeing up your carries to do damage), they have to get out of its range, or (best case scenario) you do 3000+ damage. If all you can do is displace with your ult, BB the carry and snowball the enemy carry, you're having a huge impact on team fights.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#9Creambun29Posted 12/1/2012 10:18:03 PM
Nunu is passive to a point, but you can really capitalize on every mistake the opponents make with his skill set. Catching the AD carry in a bad spot with your ice ball and then positioning for an ult can bring out some incredible plays.

Nunu is my single favorite champion in the game to play with in a duo with mics- he decides when plays are made- you just have to have an AD carry that is on the same page as you or you end up alone and dead :(
---
"Hey, I've been in a firefight before! Well, I was in a fire......actually, I was fired from a fry-cook opportunity :/"
PSN-Synersage
#10HardcoreFtwPosted 12/1/2012 10:30:21 PM
I play passive at first but once enemy used flash..

I become much more aggressive... Icebolt>exhaust>Icebolt early game on a ADC always result me a kill everytime once flashed is used
---
drink Russian, drive German, wear Italian.