support nunu (support main)

#11FlameLord23Posted 12/1/2012 10:30:36 PM
Nunu is a great support or support jungler if you get forced into jungle. He'll become a stronger jungler in Season 3 too, so that's a bonus. Keep the ADC blood boiled and E's on the enemy ADC and anyone who gets too close, Ult when they try to dive on your team, and just keep BB up and iceballs flying

Summoners I go Exhaust/Flash if I'm support, Smite/Exhaust in jungle, but Smite/Ignite is totally viable, depends on whether your team needs the extra exhaust or extra ignite. Skill order is WEWEWRWQWEREEQRQQ for leveling. Blood Boil is the most OP support skill, and it slides under the radar. Knowing how to play Nunu when you get someone who plays Vayne is just ungodly great after lane phase, due to both of them being somewhat weak in lane phase.

In jungle I go QWEQEREWEWRWWQRQQ. Consume isn't as necessary to increase once you start getting items, you clear fast enough with madred's razor passive, it's mainly a sustain and buff/objective secure or chunker. His real problem is ganks, since usually you can't get close enough to BB your laner without being spotted, and it's hard to iceball without being spotted either. Once you start getting into mid and late game, play it somewhat like support. Keep the ADC BB'd and iceball anyone out of position or the ADC if you can, ult when you get a good spot for it. If you're the tank, play it more like a tank, but do everything you can to keep that ADC BB'd.

Buildwise I go standard support with a little more focus on the tankier items. Don't need Zeke's too much because of BB, so a Frozen Heart might be a good pick if no one else takes it, gives you back your CDR if you opt out of Zeke's like I do. It's not a huge deal for CDR on him, because BB expires when the buff expires and the iceball has a 6 second CD, ult isn't an extremely long CD either.
---
Violence is never the answer.
Because the answer is always Vlad.
#12SalvatorePosted 12/2/2012 7:51:35 AM
thats just the thing, what skill build and item build lets me do this the best cause the one i use now (standard support +some tank) (one point in ice ball, max BB) doest seem to be worth using

I wouldn't change a thing.

Philo, HoG, Kage, Mercs are core
Aegis, Shurelyas & Randuins when possible
Oracles if you're not getting focused much

Nunu's ult is stupidly powerful with absolutely no AP at all, which means you can have an effect on every team fight with nothing but tank items. It's also amazing for displacing the enemy- if you drop your ult at the right time, you'll either force them to focus you (thereby freeing up your carries to do damage), they have to get out of its range, or (best case scenario) you do 3000+ damage. If all you can do is displace with your ult, BB the carry and snowball the enemy carry, you're having a huge impact on team fights.

Another note about the ult which a lot of people miss: it's also a large attack speed reduction during the channel!
---
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
#13SlaynPosted 12/2/2012 8:03:59 AM
BB your carry, literally have it up at all times. Don't bother with the ice ball unless your ADC signals to make a move, or if you see the enemy ADC/support far out of position so your ADC can get a shot or two off. That is really it. You are not really a poke comp. Or a sustain comp. I am not sure what you are, really. I mean you can poke a lil, but you will be OOM.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#14edubsPosted 12/2/2012 8:34:26 AM
Slayn posted...
BB your carry, literally have it up at all times. Don't bother with the ice ball unless your ADC signals to make a move, or if you see the enemy ADC/support far out of position so your ADC can get a shot or two off. That is really it. You are not really a poke comp. Or a sustain comp. I am not sure what you are, really. I mean you can poke a lil, but you will be OOM.

As nunu after you get philo, you shouldn't run out of mana, if you go out and aa twice per wave you get a free spell here and there
---
Greatest system of all time is the N64. OOT, SM64, Paper Mario DK64 and Ogre Battle
not changing my sig until the Pirates have a winning season started 3/31/08
#15ineedaname88Posted 12/2/2012 8:35:25 AM
Slayn posted...

If you're good with your passive, like not using the free cast to BB your carry you can poke for no mana whenever you want quite a bit. I love his passive, baiting people thinking I can't use my ult, and I hit a minion and all of a sudden my carry gets a double off of the slowed fools.
---
Go big or go home broke. Bro-ski.