Anybody else think that Ori needs a bit of a nerf after watching IPL5?

#1genericname1234Posted 12/2/2012 8:32:39 AM
Ori was nerfed before because she was simply too good in tournaments--even if she was underused in solo queue. I think she's gotten back to that point again. She was the 5th most picked or banned champion following only Diana, Lee Sin, Rengar, and Olaf.

She just offers too much of everything. She's great at turtling since she can wave clear ridiculously fast. She's also good at turning a turret siege into her teams favor if she can get an ult off while they group up to try to take down the turret. She can shield herself or her teammates. She also has an AoE slow/AoE speed boost for her allies. Oh, and her auto attacks scale with her AP.

What do you guys think?
---
"SR'ing is having the RNG abuse you." Deshokun
#2Kandar888Posted 12/2/2012 8:44:15 AM
I think it's nice to have champions that can stop the bleeding after rough starts. I disagree with any nerfs. There have been so many different champion picks/ban and different team comps this tournament. I love seeing so many champions used for roles those teams need.
#3iXCelticXiPosted 12/2/2012 8:49:13 AM
Kandar888 posted...
I think it's nice to have champions that can stop the bleeding after rough starts. I disagree with any nerfs. There have been so many different champion picks/ban and different team comps this tournament. I love seeing so many champions used for roles those teams need.

Yeah, buff some others! She is a high skill cap champion that rewards it. Sure she is really strong, but others can be too. Besides, we'll see how S3 shapes everything and go from there.
---
LoL IGN: TA HumblePie.
Formerly GreedyCowPuncher, Support Main.
#4themagicpainmanPosted 12/2/2012 8:50:10 AM
No

I want to see them eviscerate Rengar in the next few patches though.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#5TomorrowDogPosted 12/2/2012 8:52:49 AM
I think she is just a top pick, not broken. In this case I agree with bringing champions up rather than knocking her down.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#6SlaynPosted 12/2/2012 8:54:57 AM
She's good but not broken. I don't see why she would need a nerf. Her ult is devastating but I saw plenty of misses with it. It has that delay so people can either walk or flash out, just like Zyra ult.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#7MlREFOXPosted 12/2/2012 8:59:03 AM
The ult, though amazing, isn't what makes her a top tier pick. There are plenty of devastating AoE ults. The thing that makes Ori such an oft-pick champ is her shield.
#8DeleveleDPosted 12/2/2012 9:02:10 AM
As a true Orianna mainer since her release (screw the sheep that have flocked to her!), I will admit that she's probably one of the strongest AP champions in the game right now, only because of the utility and damage she provides to her team.

Right now, I would place her between being "strong" and "broken/OP". She is definitely a top pick right now, but as with all champions, she has her strengths and weaknesses.

However, since there will be new and a lot of changes in the next season, Riot could and should wait until then before they start nerfing and buffing champions/items again.

They could at the very least, wait. And let us just wait and see what the new season has in store for Orianna.
---
The statement below is false.
The statement above is true.
#9Blbmbr666Posted 12/2/2012 9:14:49 AM
Ori takes skill to play at the tournament level showings you've been watching.

She's strong for sure, but I think the skill offset makes it fine.
---
League of Legends IGN: JOEYballsGOTTI
Dis is where I work: http://wakeup-world.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Corn_field.jpg
#10MlREFOXPosted 12/2/2012 9:24:35 AM
How many champs can ult themselves rather than the enemy because the took a step back?