i got unbanned unfairly

#51jepaanPosted 12/3/2012 8:18:27 AM
ffxblak12 posted...
jepaan posted...
It does look like someone accidentally reported you instead of Sivir in game three. In total, the ban is still deserved though.

how is it deserved?

game 1 i got reported for apprently "ksing"

game 2 i got report by an enemy even though i never talked in all chat probably reported for killing him too much

game 3. the guy meant to report sivir as i never afked

game 4. comon telling a guy to never jungle again should not be ban worthy. it isn't like i was being racist or cusisng.

game 5. maybe my worst one but i still didn't cuss and it should be understandble with the team i had. and defintley should not be banworthy

Except you were cussing in game 4. In game 5, you flamed in all chat.
Maybe saying that the ban was deserved is taking it too far, but the punish verdict was.
---
-
#52MindersPosted 12/3/2012 10:49:50 AM
Game 1 - 3: Pardon
Game 4: Punish
Game 5: Clear Punish

Now, what a lot of people fail to realise about the Tribunal is that
1: It only hands out warnings automatically, anything more severe is checked by Riot, the Tribunal only serves as a filter. Thus you can not (if Riot isn't lying) get banned unfairly, you can however get pardoned unfairly. At least according to Riots rules
2: You don't get there just from one or two reports. You need A LOT of reports to end up in the Tribunal.
3: Unless your case is extreme you will get a warning first, if you cannot learn from that....
4: People who report a lot carry less weight in the system, as does people with a lot of false punishes (or pardons for that matter).
5: You aren't judged for other peoples behaviour. The system doesn't care if you are trolled and provoked. YOU are the one judged, only your actions count.

That being said, while I would've clicked punish you really shouldn't be punished by the communitys standard and I do believe you had some bad luck there.
---
"homer the lord only asks for one hour a week" -Marge
"in that case he should have made the week an hour longer..." -Homer (GF)
#53ffxblak12(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 11:09:27 AM
Minders posted...

1: It only hands out warnings automatically, anything more severe is checked by Riot, the Tribunal only serves as a filter. Thus you can not (if Riot isn't lying) get banned unfairly, you can however get pardoned unfairly. At least according to Riots rules
2: You don't get there just from one or two reports. You need A LOT of reports to end up in the Tribunal.
3: Unless your case is extreme you will get a warning first, if you cannot learn from that....
4: People who report a lot carry less weight in the system, as does people with a lot of false punishes (or pardons for that matter).
5: You aren't judged for other peoples behaviour. The system doesn't care if you are trolled and provoked. YOU are the one judged, only your actions count.

That being said, while I would've clicked punish you really shouldn't be punished by the communitys standard and I do believe you had some bad luck there.

why would you click punish? because i told someone never jungle again? this is an online game not a preschool and most people judging are hypocrites. I myself never reported anyone ever... mainly because i am lazy but also because i am not a snitch
#54MindersPosted 12/3/2012 12:40:32 PM
ffxblak12 posted...
Minders posted...

why would you click punish? because i told someone never jungle again? this is an online game not a preschool and most people judging are hypocrites. I myself never reported anyone ever... mainly because i am lazy but also because i am not a snitch

I would click punish because I believe that there is never a reason to be mean. If it was only the 3 first games I would pardon, but the last two games you did "break" the summoners code. I do realise they are not a set of strict rules but I follow them and expect other people to do too. As you yourself said, it's a game. Why would you feel the need to be an ass to people for a game? If you really feel you never want to play with said person again you could ignore him, it would be quicker, easier and wouldn't insult anyone. The game does try to never pair ignoring people together.

When I play football (real football, not the american bastardisation) with my friends and other people that I don't know I don't yell at my teammates for a missed pass. I encourage them. If our team scores a goal (not me, I suck) I cheer for our score, I don't insult the opponents telling them they suck and that it was easy. When the game is over, win or lose, we usually head out for a beer afterwards having a good time.

Yes, this is a online game, can't really track down all the randoms and have a beer with them afterwards but the point still stands.

I can see why people would be annoyed when people are bad at the game, I really can. As it's a kind of all or nothing, if you loose you get very little reward for your time and you are punished for leaving. Thus once the game is going you're stuck there no matter how it turns out. There are however many ways you could go about saying the same things without being a total ass.

tl;dr: There is never a good reason to be an ass, I would click punish because in game 4 and 5 you were an ass. And I would be in the right as you were against the Summoners Code.
---
#55ffxblak12(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 12:47:01 PM
Minders posted...
ffxblak12 posted...
Minders posted...

I would click punish because I believe that there is never a reason to be mean. If it was only the 3 first games I would pardon, but the last two games you did "break" the summoners code. I do realise they are not a set of strict rules but I follow them and expect other people to do too. As you yourself said, it's a game. Why would you feel the need to be an ass to people for a game? If you really feel you never want to play with said person again you could ignore him, it would be quicker, easier and wouldn't insult anyone. The game does try to never pair ignoring people together.

When I play football (real football, not the american bastardisation) with my friends and other people that I don't know I don't yell at my teammates for a missed pass. I encourage them. If our team scores a goal (not me, I suck) I cheer for our score, I don't insult the opponents telling them they suck and that it was easy. When the game is over, win or lose, we usually head out for a beer afterwards having a good time.

Yes, this is a online game, can't really track down all the randoms and have a beer with them afterwards but the point still stands.

I can see why people would be annoyed when people are bad at the game, I really can. As it's a kind of all or nothing, if you loose you get very little reward for your time and you are punished for leaving. Thus once the game is going you're stuck there no matter how it turns out. There are however many ways you could go about saying the same things without being a total ass.

tl;dr: There is never a good reason to be an ass, I would click punish because in game 4 and 5 you were an ass. And I would be in the right as you were against the Summoners Code.

when i play football (real football, not the european bastardisation called soccer)

and someone is playing a qb and can only throw the ball 2 feet on the ground and has a broken leg and can't move i will tell him please never play qb again
#56eco masterPosted 12/3/2012 12:54:21 PM
and someone is playing a qb and can only throw the ball 2 feet on the ground and has a broken leg and can't move i will tell him please never play qb again

Football doesn't have the same rules as League of Legends, so you can do that and that'd be okay. It'd be a stupid thing to say and not help anyone, but you could do that.

This is a flawed comparison. You broke the rules. That's why people clicked punish.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#57OximofoPosted 12/3/2012 3:37:44 PM
Minders posted...
ffxblak12 posted...
Minders posted...

FYI you soccer is actually formally called football in North America. We call it soccer because we have 3 names for the rugby, gridiron, and association football. Rugby is obvious, gridiron is "north American" football(nfl), association football or assoc. football was slanged into soccer(see the association in there now?).

Other than the ad homonien on the US and Canada I agree with you. Though this does make look slightly hypocritical.
---
Legendary Loser GT: Oximofo9 PSN: oximofo9
http://i53.tinypic.com/2969fq.jpg
#58MindersPosted 12/3/2012 3:45:12 PM
Oximofo posted...

FYI you soccer is actually formally called football in North America. We call it soccer because we have 3 names for the rugby, gridiron, and association football. Rugby is obvious, gridiron is "north American" football(nfl), association football or assoc. football was slanged into soccer(see the association in there now?).

Other than the ad homonien on the US and Canada I agree with you. Though this does make look slightly hypocritical.

Indeed it does, I'm unfortunatley aware of that. Felt it would be lame to edit my post just to hide it tho. Also, I did not know about that Soccer thing. Still doesn't make sense to name North American Football Football tho, at least not to me.

Still yes, making a post about this topic and then saying what I said was kinda... meh.
---
#59OximofoPosted 12/3/2012 5:38:56 PM
Minders posted...
Oximofo posted...

Indeed it does, I'm unfortunatley aware of that. Felt it would be lame to edit my post just to hide it tho. Also, I did not know about that Soccer thing. Still doesn't make sense to name North American Football Football tho, at least not to me.

Still yes, making a post about this topic and then saying what I said was kinda... meh.

Its just that Gridiron Football became more popular than Soccer/Football in the NA. Also mind you drop kicking, placekicking, and punting are all legal plays in NA Football. The foward pass was "invented" as an ultimatum to not have the sport banned or reverted back to Rugby (Union) rules. So for the first 50 years of football it was mostly running, blocking, tackling, place and drop kicking. Pretty much what Aussie football became.
---
Legendary Loser GT: Oximofo9 PSN: oximofo9
http://i53.tinypic.com/2969fq.jpg
#60ffxblak12(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 7:54:18 PM
let's not get off topic now though