Season 3 will make building tanky useless.

#1AphoristicPosted 12/3/2012 9:06:50 AM(edited)
Honestly, I don't see a point in building tanky anymore in Season 3. They nerfed every single tank item and at the same time made Armor/Magic Pen even more effective.

Seriously, with the new Black Cleaver, it's going to be pointless to buy any large amount of Armor. It reduces 30% of armor, and that stacks with the AD Carry's Last Whisper to allow that AD Carry to deal damage at 70.2% Penetration plus any flat penetration. Honestly, that is ridiculous. A 200 Armor tank would only have 83 armor assuming no armor penetration runes.

Anyone like Riven will have both items and be able to deal insane amounts of damage like that all game.

Oh and by the way, they will be doing true damage to you if you do not have more than than: ((.7*Armor).598)-FlatPen
11 armor (with no armor pen runes (5 Flat))
40 armor (with armor pen reds)
47 armor (with no armor pen runes and a black cleaver)
57 armor (with armor pen reds/quints)
76 armor (with armor pen reds and a black cleaver)
93 armor (with armor pen reds/quints and black cleaver)

Oh and if someone is crazy enough to do this by chance and get every armor pen possible on rift (not counting stuff like Xin's passive), you would need more than 164 armor to not take true damage. Real.

There is always a chance I got some of these numbers wrong, but play on the PBE. You cannot build tank without feeling useless anymore.

Oh and on the AP side of things, Evelynn is the best now. The new DFG makes her destroy anyone she wants to regardless of what they have. You can't even build MR anymore for the same reasons as you can't build armor.

Edit: I accidentally numbers.
---
[ Aphoristic (360/Steam/League) | Aphoristic92 (PS3) ]
[ Diana is mai waifu. ]
#2zynnkPosted 12/3/2012 8:50:44 AM
My queen leblanc makin dat comeback
---
Ultimate Weight Loss Solution ---------- Decapitation
#3xHFxPosted 12/3/2012 8:51:41 AM
Seriously, with the new Black Cleaver, it's going to be pointless to buy any large amount of Armor. It reduces 30% of armor, and that stacks with the AD Carry's Last Whisper to allow that AD Carry to deal damage at 70.2% Penetration plus any flat penetration. Honestly, that is ridiculous. A 200 Armor tank would only have about 52 armor assuming no armor penetration runes. Holy ****ing ****.

What? It isn't multiplicative?
#4Sir Spiffy CapePosted 12/3/2012 8:52:58 AM
You got the order wrong.

Flat pen before percent pen.
---
A game that promotes slavery and gambling under the illusion of 'friendship' and 'sportsmanship' is automatically an awesome game. - dydt
#5omega bahumatPosted 12/3/2012 8:55:47 AM
xHFx posted...
Seriously, with the new Black Cleaver, it's going to be pointless to buy any large amount of Armor. It reduces 30% of armor, and that stacks with the AD Carry's Last Whisper to allow that AD Carry to deal damage at 70.2% Penetration plus any flat penetration. Honestly, that is ridiculous. A 200 Armor tank would only have about 52 armor assuming no armor penetration runes. Holy ****ing ****.

black cleaver creates a debuff the shreds 5% of armor/#s's and stacks 6 times.

Which isn't quite the same - but similar.
#6chaoshadouPosted 12/3/2012 8:55:56 AM
Sir Spiffy Cape posted...
You got the order wrong.

They changed it.
---
Awesome series, please support the VN ps3 localization http://petitiononline.com/umineko1/petition.html
http://www.facebook.com/OperationGoldenLand
#7omega bahumatPosted 12/3/2012 8:56:05 AM
You got the order wrong.

They are changing that.
#8Seizou90Posted 12/3/2012 9:07:11 AM(edited)
It is multiplicative - so you won't sit at 70%.
#9Aphoristic(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 8:59:09 AM
xHFx posted...

Black Cleaver is Armor Reduction (occurs first). After that Last Whisper (35%) plus the mastery (8%) are multiplicative (40.8%) and I did mess up a bit in that I just added those (but they aren't multiplicative). I'm going to go fix those numbers real quick.

You got the order wrong.

No, they changed it for season 3 to make flat pen more useful late game.
---
[ Aphoristic (360/Steam/League) | Aphoristic92 (PS3) ]
[ Diana is mai waifu. ]
#10Village IdiotPosted 12/3/2012 9:03:36 AM
Ya, its kind of stupid how they've not only nerfed armor/mr, but they've made them more expensive, AD/AP items cheaper and changed how armor penetration works for the worst.

They've essentially killed tanks ability to tank.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude