C/D You would be happy if flash was removed.

#31centurion911Posted 12/3/2012 11:58:44 AM
Champs with blink/champion displacement are now OP. A Blitz grab means certain death, Ezreal can now NEVER be caught
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
#32Kuroth_NeidraPosted 12/3/2012 11:59:57 AM
KosukeKGA posted...
C

Flash is a dumb mechanic and it should be an item you used like in Season 1

Flash was never on an item.

Maybe you're thinking of DotA...?
---
"How are you a vet if you can't fly and shoot laser beams? It just doesn't make any sense." -Raging_Placenta
#33dark_lord_havocPosted 12/3/2012 12:02:17 PM
C

Just add a blink dagger-esque item so that certain champs that rely on it have it.
#34Rookie_JetPosted 12/3/2012 12:09:27 PM
BerserkFGriffth posted...
Impossible to do..

The game is literally balanced around flash. You'd be unable to go into the middle of your lane without it, and every champion without an escape spell would be drastically outclassed. Ganking junglers with mobility could basically guarantee a kill half the time.

If they removed flash they'd have to drastically change the game.

Buy wards.

Zero25 posted...
D

If that were to happen every champion with an escape gains an advantage on anyone who doesn't.
For some characters(Ashe, Annie, etc), flash has become a part of their gameplay for initiating or even their only escape. They can probably cc and exhaust somebody if they get ganked...but that won't stop the other 2-3 people trying to kill them.

Except champs with mobility in their kit currently have 2 escapes/initiation tools so they still have a rather large advantage...Ez still takes flash 99% of the time. Oh, you want to flash over a wall to save yourself knowing he just initiated on you with his flash? Too bad he'll still catch you with arcane shift. Your argument is weak.

There's always ghost which is highly underrated. For prolonged chases and escapes, ghost is often superior though I can easily admit flash is better about as often.

I personally would rather have it in item form, but that may come from my fondness of HoN. I like that it has a 3 sec refreshing CD every time you take damage which makes it GREAT as an initiating tool, but less than optimal for an escape mechanism.

I don't see anything wrong with some champs having escapes built in. They may need to nerf the ranges on some of them just a little and/or increase the CDs. Most champs with escapes are very squishy which is why it's balanced for them to have an escape.
#35Kuroth_NeidraPosted 12/3/2012 12:18:02 PM
I like the idea of flash boots.

Perhaps reduce the flash CD some, but make them standard Movement Speed 2 boots with an on-use flash.

Means you can still have it, but to have that utility you're giving up zerker AS or merc tankiness/survivablity or any of the other benefits other boots give.

Just replace boots of swiftness with them, TBH. I can't remember the last time I thought it was a good idea to build boots of swiftness.
---
"How are you a vet if you can't fly and shoot laser beams? It just doesn't make any sense." -Raging_Placenta
#36Guardian of HyrulePosted 12/3/2012 12:31:46 PM
The problem is that it's such a free escape.

What they need to do is make it's cooldown increase by X seconds each use. So making people burn a Flash early on hurts more and that people using it as a "Get out of jail free" card have to consider carefully whether it's worth the cooldown increase.

Likewise, people initiating with it would have to weigh the increased cooldown into their plans.
---
We can all learn something from the Legend of Zelda and it's triforce, Power is nothing without the courage and wisdom to make use of it...
#37g-cube_mastaPosted 12/3/2012 12:37:24 PM
D the game is balanced around flash. There'd be far too many changes required to happen to even make this an idea.

Think about Morgana as one simple example. Say she ults a whole team. How are you going to escape the 1000 leash range tether without flash? Only champs with built in flash like abilities could.

Speaking of those champions, they'd all now be too strong. Etc., etc.,
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#38ShooklePriestPosted 12/3/2012 12:50:13 PM
peach_vs_faIco posted...
D, I don't want it removed.
#39shadyelfPosted 12/3/2012 12:52:55 PM
C

I feel no real satisfaction when using it to escape.
I feel frustrated when an enemy uses it to escape.
When I use to offensively half the time the other guy also uses flash.

Of course the insane amount of balancing needed would probably make removing it impractical.
---
?
#40Tekutso(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 12:53:07 PM
g-cube_masta posted...
D the game is balanced around flash. There'd be far too many changes required to happen to even make this an idea.

Think about Morgana as one simple example. Say she ults a whole team. How are you going to escape the 1000 leash range tether without flash? Only champs with built in flash like abilities could.

Speaking of those champions, they'd all now be too strong. Etc., etc.,

gcube only speaks truth.

Its just lame though, why not make it an inate ability then because everybody uses it.
---
"Every man is guilty of all the good he didnt do"~Voltaire