It takes waaaay too long to get to level 30

#31KirynTheClericPosted 12/4/2012 9:23:17 AM
...It took me like, a month to get to 30... <_<;;;
---
"And at what point did you decide to stay on the forums? I don't get that mentality but some people don't have better things to do." - Nofoundation
#32TithenionPosted 12/4/2012 9:44:29 AM
I've been playing since late summer and am at about 25 and have no problem with it taking this long considering the amount of games I've played. I'm still nowhere near confident enough in my abilities to take on ranked, and probably won't be when I hit 30.
---
"Chick-fil-A makes me so horny." ~ McGray
#33Zeeak4444Posted 12/4/2012 10:33:44 AM
Dark_Anbu_Panda posted...
play legend of legaia (the original LoL) and old school ffxi, then complain about slower leveling.

Lol I capped with my highest class at 65. Had many others at 40 or so.

Had 85 days of playtime over the course of 3 years...
---
Typical gameFAQers are "Complainers that always complain about those who complain about real legitimate complaints."-Joker_X
#34zeppelin312Posted 12/4/2012 10:36:07 AM
Gorenks posted...
flyguy101 posted...
I think there should be a f***ing game knowledge test to get into ranked. I don't mean about the meta, I mean general knowledge, like, "What the f*** does Leona's passive do?" If you can't get the general idea behind the basics of the game like that, you are not prepared to be in ranked.

This.

It's depressing when in for example ARAM your team keeps walking into Nidalee spears and Veigar stuns, but no one buys magic resistance or tenacity.

Or an AD carry who goes IE BT when there's a Malphite with 300 armor on the enemy team.

I hate ADCs who rush an IE and a BT, then wonder why they can't solo anything. They then get angry at their own team, while never being in any team fight because all they're good for is eating up farm from people who didn't waste gold on a crap item build.

It grinds my gears just as hard as people rushing Sheen first, and rushing TF over Hextech on Jax.

I lol'd hard
#35nateweiPosted 12/4/2012 10:41:13 AM
Took 5 months to get to 30 with casual play, only 1 or 2 games a day. I never cared how long it took.
#36supershadonicPosted 12/4/2012 10:57:30 AM
Either my games were too big or I am ****ing lucky but I hit Level 30 when I had an equal 124 wins and 124 losses.... How's it taking so long nowadays? I currently have about 193 wins and 195 losses and this is ages after I have Level 30ed myself.
#37Hell0nEarthPosted 12/4/2012 11:00:03 AM
You'll want to play another 300 games after reaching 30 before hitting ranked.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#38Mogu_MoguPosted 12/4/2012 11:31:12 AM
There should be no level. There should just be elo.
Everyone starts at 0 elo. It's not possible to go negative and there is no cap.

Everyone should start with all rune slots open and all mastery points available.

There should also be no ranked. Everyone is in one elo system.

That is all.
---
In the chronicles of my life
there is a legend in which I change 'history' into 'herstory'.
#39Rookie_JetPosted 12/4/2012 1:19:44 PM
Mogu_Mogu posted...
There should be no level. There should just be elo.
Everyone starts at 0 elo. It's not possible to go negative and there is no cap.

Everyone should start with all rune slots open and all mastery points available.

There should also be no ranked. Everyone is in one elo system.

That is all.

First part makes sense, but I don't mind having a casual mode (normals) and ranked mode. Normal lets people try new things against real people without the pressure of it "counting" too much.