Do you like that oracles is timed now?

#1nyhustler208Posted 12/3/2012 11:38:59 PM
Do you like that oracles is timed now? - Results (233 votes)
Yes
39.91% (93 votes)
No
60.09% (140 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I kind of dont like it :/
---
"Let me demonstrate Hammer Diplomacy!" - POPPY
I have sex with yordles... Is it blasphemy?
#2TalentedMPosted 12/3/2012 11:40:02 PM
Not at all.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#3FvPPosted 12/3/2012 11:40:33 PM
No, but I don't have a strong opinion since jungle is my least played role
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#4Village IdiotPosted 12/3/2012 11:48:25 PM
No. They need to decrease the gold cost in order to make it more viable for early game ward control.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#5_HeXPosted 12/3/2012 11:50:51 PM
Nope, it sucks. It actually makes it even more of a risk to buy it because now in addition to dying if you activate it and don't actually find any wards before it expires, you effectively just threw 400 gold out the window.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#6Sarick_LyrePosted 12/3/2012 11:51:54 PM(edited)
Personally like the change considering I know what it actually means for the game. Effectivly the game has moved away from the winning team/jungler having the right of vision denying. Vision denying is now much more strategic and on a time limit.

Lets say you pink Baron because you know they've warded there and your team plans to do it in a few minutes (let's say there's an amumu and a Katarina on the enemy team - bad idea to do Baron now, but you're still winning). Why not ward all the entrances in their jungle for someone to walk through to regain vision if you have the map control? Then use that to prevent further wards?

Keeping map dominance is now a task that even a winning team needs to stay ahead in. There's some brilliant ways a team can work together a pull a victory using vision where they couldn't before just because of how easy it was to do an Oracles run (still possible - but its not a lifetime investment).
#7DualitypainPosted 12/4/2012 1:15:43 AM
Yes. Oracle sweeping has always, and will always be a stupid idea. You shouldn't be able to stick an oracles on a beefy naut, ali, skarner, or warwick and have comfort knowing that he will be the least likely to die while also know that the enemy with never have an active ward up because you can clear them all for a low 400g price.

Note: 4 green wards cleared is all it takes to make an oracles worth it.
---
LoL IGN: Mr Microwave
#8Sona_BuvellePosted 12/4/2012 2:14:19 AM
http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg519/Sona_Buvelle/Responses/Shsts_noEmotion.png
---
http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg519/Sona_Buvelle/Shstspyramid.png
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563647-the-100000-pyramid
#9SpacefrisianPosted 12/4/2012 2:15:26 AM
Hardly bought the item anyway on any role, so i dont realy care.
---
Lets move mountains or mount movements.
#10FlameLord23Posted 12/4/2012 2:34:42 AM
Dualitypain posted...
Yes. Oracle sweeping has always, and will always be a stupid idea. You shouldn't be able to stick an oracles on a beefy naut, ali, skarner, or warwick and have comfort knowing that he will be the least likely to die while also know that the enemy with never have an active ward up because you can clear them all for a low 400g price.

Note: 4 green wards cleared is all it takes to make an oracles worth it.

It takes 16 wards cleared to make it worth it gold wise. 400/25 = 16.

If you value map vision denying at 75 gp per ward, then yes, it only takes 4 ward kills.

On the topic, I hate it. Until you get to EXTREMELY high elos in Ranked Teams, oracles will not be worth it at ALL, because you probably won't see 16 wards placed in 5 minutes. In fact, I don't think even in tourneys they place 16 wards per team in 5 minutes.
---
Violence is never the answer.
Because the answer is always Vlad.