Do you like that oracles is timed now?

#11Suffer_NotPosted 12/4/2012 2:43:14 AM
Dualitypain posted...
Yes. Oracle sweeping has always, and will always be a stupid idea. You shouldn't be able to stick an oracles on a beefy naut, ali, skarner, or warwick and have comfort knowing that he will be the least likely to die while also know that the enemy with never have an active ward up because you can clear them all for a low 400g price.

Note: 4 green wards cleared is all it takes to make an oracles worth it.

It takes 16 wards cleared to make it worth it gold wise. 400/25 = 16.

If you value map vision denying at 75 gp per ward, then yes, it only takes 4 ward kills.

On the topic, I hate it. Until you get to EXTREMELY high elos in Ranked Teams, oracles will not be worth it at ALL, because you probably won't see 16 wards placed in 5 minutes. In fact, I don't think even in tourneys they place 16 wards per team in 5 minutes.

You are now aware that Oracles Extract will be 250g on Summoner's Rift, not 400.
---
http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt323/gejsiv/Ninetailsfoxladyedit.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#12Shadow EdgePosted 12/4/2012 2:44:42 AM
Yes, it's technically a snowball item.

It's just downright annoying to see an Alistar with an Oracle.
---
ns
#13LordMordorPosted 12/4/2012 2:45:44 AM
i like it, but it needs to be longer than 5 minutes...at least 8

people need to remember that wards will likely be even more common now with the sightstone item.

bot and maybe even top will be constantly warded with that item.
---
This election year....vote the Dark Lord Sauron
He promises better healthcare and free Rings of Power!
#14Sarick_LyrePosted 12/4/2012 3:58:42 AM
LordMordor posted...
i like it, but it needs to be longer than 5 minutes...at least 8

people need to remember that wards will likely be even more common now with the sightstone item.

bot and maybe even top will be constantly warded with that item.

Is that a bad thing?

Have you never wished your top lane/bottom lane to have wards and they just wouldn't get any? Have you never had the opposing jungler just dominate the game by whiping your ward vision from the map?

You're making faulty arguments; its as if you were playing on the new patch and the opposing team is playing on the old. I really don't think you realise both teams are running the same patch. The game is now designed for wards to be more common now. Which in turn makes Oracles/Pink Wards a more strategic buy where the more experienced player or the team with better team work can make the most of it.
#15Fenrir the WolfPosted 12/4/2012 4:01:08 AM
Suffer_Not posted...
Dualitypain posted...
Yes. Oracle sweeping has always, and will always be a stupid idea. You shouldn't be able to stick an oracles on a beefy naut, ali, skarner, or warwick and have comfort knowing that he will be the least likely to die while also know that the enemy with never have an active ward up because you can clear them all for a low 400g price.

Note: 4 green wards cleared is all it takes to make an oracles worth it.

It takes 16 wards cleared to make it worth it gold wise. 400/25 = 16.

If you value map vision denying at 75 gp per ward, then yes, it only takes 4 ward kills.

On the topic, I hate it. Until you get to EXTREMELY high elos in Ranked Teams, oracles will not be worth it at ALL, because you probably won't see 16 wards placed in 5 minutes. In fact, I don't think even in tourneys they place 16 wards per team in 5 minutes.

You are now aware that Oracles Extract will be 250g on Summoner's Rift, not 400.

This. Wards come easier now with the sightstone things, but counter-warding is coming cheaper too.
---
And then John was a zombie.
#16HardcoreFtwPosted 12/4/2012 4:44:10 AM
I hate it... So much... I rather just get pink ward over Oracles 100%. The only time I'll get orcacles is when I have all my items and want to get all the pots..

Enemy has Orcacles KIll kill!! into Enemy has Orcacles.. Rofl newb!
---
drink Russian, drive German, wear Italian.
#17profDEADPOOLPosted 12/4/2012 5:52:29 AM
aa a jungle main I honestly like it. Cheaper so you can get it earlier for safer invades. However the time limit makes it so assuming equal counter-jungling skill the first one to get a lead no longer dominates both jungles.
---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clans
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkeye, Secret Avengers, Gambit, JLD, and Batwing
#18DoctorEggmanPosted 12/4/2012 6:04:23 AM
Village Idiot posted...
No. They need to decrease the gold cost in order to make it more viable for early game ward control.

They did. Its 250 gold now.
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
http://imgur.com/n8yh1
#19Supah_AxelPosted 12/4/2012 6:13:55 AM(edited)
I think oracle's should scale inversely with tankiness. The more tanky the champ, the shorter the the duration. Because it certainly is annoying to see a super tanky champ that's not likely going to die anytime soon clearing out all your wards, but what about squishy supports like Lulu? Now this item is entirely useless for the squishies.
---
Not buying SSB4 without the inclusion of the flower fairy Lip as a playable character.
LoL ign: Bakabridget
#20profDEADPOOLPosted 12/4/2012 6:46:24 AM
I think oracle's should scale inversely with tankiness. The more tanky the champ, the shorter the the duration. Because it certainly is annoying to see a super tanky champ that's not likely going to die anytime soon clearing out all your wards, but what about squishy supports like Lulu? Now this item is entirely useless for the squishies.

If anything it would be more useful. Much Cheaper(cut almost in half) and the duration limit makes it less likely for them to lose it before a more squishy person(If you can't stay alive for five minutes then lol you)
---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clans
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkeye, Secret Avengers, Gambit, JLD, and Batwing