"Counters" to Jungle Olaf?

#1xVashTS98xPosted 12/4/2012 12:22:42 AM
I assume it's counterjunglers like Nunu and such, but I'm not sure at all.
---
StarCraft 2: VashTS; 330; Random
Super Smash Bros Brawl: Vash; Random
#2kdread1Posted 12/4/2012 12:30:14 AM
xVashTS98x posted...
I assume it's counterjunglers like Nunu and such, but I'm not sure at all.

Walking into his jungle, and killing him. He's a decent duelist, but some Olafs like to let their health get slightly lower then usual, to make use of their passive.

Get a decent damage dealer and gank him.
---
Lost Karma Counter: 9
Riot will convert Wriggle's Lantern into a Support Item. Called 8/4/12.
#3Village IdiotPosted 12/4/2012 12:54:18 AM
Unless you know its down, just make sure not to blow all CC's at once due to his ult.

But ya, counter-jungle him.

As mentioned above, a lot of Olaf's like to keep their health low to clear jungle faster, and relying on their ult as escape insurance in case of a gank.

If you're going in for a gank and know where he is and will likely head to next (either you saw where he entered his jungle and/or wards), enter a brush and wait for him to walk by, then hit him with everything you've got before he gets the chance to reaction ult.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#4xVashTS98x(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 12:59:11 AM
So basically, use somebody like Gragas, Mundo, or Udyr and go kill him in his jungle somewhat early?
---
StarCraft 2: VashTS; 330; Random
Super Smash Bros Brawl: Vash; Random
#5Shadow EdgePosted 12/4/2012 1:07:35 AM
Olaf is a pretty scary counter jungler too. I once jungled Cho against a very aggressive jungle Olaf and lost.
---
ns
#6SlaynPosted 12/4/2012 2:49:18 AM
Olaf's passive makes him a good duelist in the jungle. His Q lets him clear INCREDIBLY fast. Not as fast as Shyvana, but pretty close. One of the few junglers I have used that can get to red well before his smite from blue is back up. He is hard to counter because he clears so well. If he maxed E first then he will be even harder 1v1 ( but slower clears ). Lee Sin is good against him IMO.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#7gkh5Posted 12/4/2012 3:01:51 AM
Eh I'd be really careful about seeking out Olaf in his jungle. Stonewall has said in quite a few of his vids that prety much no one outduels Olaf early on.

Whenever I jungle olaf, if I'm up against a jungler I know might try to counter me, I just spam axes to keep my health up for those first few camps and if they try to meet me at red, they are permaslowed and killed and have effectively taken themselves out of the match,
---
LoL IGN: alpha10
#8kourkourPosted 12/4/2012 3:13:46 AM
Eh I'd be really careful about seeking out Olaf in his jungle. Stonewall has said in quite a few of his vids that prety much no one outduels Olaf early on.

Whenever I jungle olaf, if I'm up against a jungler I know might try to counter me, I just spam axes to keep my health up for those first few camps and if they try to meet me at red, they are permaslowed and killed and have effectively taken themselves out of the match,

Indeed, if he manages his Q well in a 1v1 fight and picks it up quickly without losing DPS from AAing he can deal so much damage.
---
"stereotypical internet guy" -Fuzzy_Blanket
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/kourkour/xcluded.jpg