How do I gain presence as a support?

#1ryudo500Posted 12/4/2012 12:37:50 AM
With sona, I am fine, however whenI am taric, nunu I sometimes dtruggle gaining presence.

As taric, I struggle with this, I am always confused and not quite sure when to go in and stun. I cant poke with stun, and I stay in brush but dont really do to much.

how do I gain presence as a support?
---
squaresoft
LAKERS & SPURS
#2FlameLord23Posted 12/4/2012 12:40:03 AM
Be there. Seriously, support if the enemy knows what's going on will back off. You prove you are decent they will be scared. A kill lane with a good initiate and poke, as long as you win, drives the enemy back. When you start to advance they run away.

Some supports have no presence, but not the ones you're speaking of. If you really want presence, Ali or Blitz have auto-presence. They can be completely s***ty, but it only takes getting lucky once to screw a game.
---
Violence is never the answer.
Because the answer is always Vlad.
#3ryudo500(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 12:47:28 AM
I just struggle with taric. i tried leona out and I like her. With taric, I just struggle
---
squaresoft
LAKERS & SPURS
#4SaranCadreyPosted 12/4/2012 12:53:51 AM
When you play Taric you have to judge how close your lane partner is to the enemy champ you are about to stun. If they aren't anywhere nearby to be able to follow-through with damage then your stun will be useless. It is all about gauging you and your lane partner's proximity to your stun target. Also, don't use Shatter until you know they are trying to run away. That way you do a small burst of damage without suffering the consequence of not having the added armor from your buff.
#5DualitypainPosted 12/4/2012 12:54:27 AM
Not everyone can be good with a champ. If you keep struggling with Taric, it may just be best to drop him and focus on the ones you are good with, or try out more.
---
LoL IGN: Mr Microwave
#6RockchosN1Posted 12/4/2012 3:21:29 AM
taric works best with bursty ad carries. your ad should be around aa range from you. try to go in when their ad goes in to last hit, and stun them. then walk up and shatter, while your ad comes up and autoattacks them and use their spells. best with graves or sivir imo. you should take a chunk (at least 50%) if done right. also squishy supports are a good target too. you can blow up sona or janna from 100 to 0 pretty easily
#7kirbymuncherPosted 12/4/2012 6:03:33 AM
Part of the great thing about taric is just the fact that you have an undodgeable targeted stun prevents people from coming near

Sometimes just scaring them off by threatening to stun them is more effective than actually stunning them
---
THIS IS WHAT I HATE A BOUT EVREY WEBSITE!! THERES SO MUCH PEOPLE READING AND POSTING STUIPED STUFF
#8unsung_visionsPosted 12/4/2012 8:52:09 AM
you also need to know your adc. I've recently been playing alot of support with one of my friends who is a great adc, then last night forgot I was with a random, and it was just terrible. I would bandage in stunning the adc and our ashe would just walk away. Granted that team was all bad, and would refuse help anyone, let alone go in when I bandage ult their entire team and almost kill thier ap/adc.

As for Taric I tend to play a bit passive the first few lvls, throw a stun every now and again, just to let them know I'm there. Then once I get a few points into his aoe, and even more so in his ult I like to just ghost in burst them stun and walk away. If you switch up your play style like from passive to aggressive, it tends to mess with the other teams heads. Also nothing is better than acting like you have b'ed. hiding in the grass so when the enemy pushes you and your adc have the sandwiched for an easy kill.
---
Playing "Low Health Mode" or "Hardcore" is the equivalent of playing chess, only every piece is a Queen. " Game Player05"
#9HagenExPosted 12/4/2012 8:54:55 AM
unsung_visions posted...
you also need to know your adc. I've recently been playing alot of support with one of my friends who is a great adc, then last night forgot I was with a random, and it was just terrible. I would bandage in stunning the adc and our ashe would just walk away. Granted that team was all bad, and would refuse help anyone, let alone go in when I bandage ult their entire team and almost kill thier ap/adc.

As for Taric I tend to play a bit passive the first few lvls, throw a stun every now and again, just to let them know I'm there. Then once I get a few points into his aoe, and even more so in his ult I like to just ghost in burst them stun and walk away. If you switch up your play style like from passive to aggressive, it tends to mess with the other teams heads. Also nothing is better than acting like you have b'ed. hiding in the grass so when the enemy pushes you and your adc have the sandwiched for an easy kill.

This. A lot of people have the misconception that Taric works wonders with every carry, and that's not neccesarily true. He's a beast with Graves or Draven though, they can dish out damage pretty quick and then get out or chase, depending on how effective your stun was.
#10yourDaddiePosted 12/4/2012 8:56:30 AM
Dualitypain posted...
Not everyone can be good with a champ. If you keep struggling with Taric, it may just be best to drop him and focus on the ones you are good with, or try out more.

exactly I see a lot of EZ getting destroyed by sivirs because of this
---
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.