You ever do stupid stuff on purpose to make a point?

#1Th4tOneDud3Posted 12/4/2012 1:31:01 AM
I get yelled at for not warding sometimes when we have been pushed back to base for a while, so I like to go out alone and get killed "trying to ward" to show how ridiculous they're requests are.

If 4 people are attacking the turret and my whole team is dead and pinging the turret, I run and and kill myself to shut em up.

Just ranting here.
#2STWChrisPosted 12/4/2012 1:33:50 AM
I used to before I realised it doesn't help anything at all.

I used to be one of those people that would get fed as an ad carry, would have my team flame me over something (them engaging without me or not retreating when we should) and because they'd call me useless I'd intentionally avoid another teamfight and just push out lanes for the rest of the game.
---
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4511/huddlev2.jpg
Nottingham Caesars # 83 TE - We'll be BAFL champs this year!
#3TwilightGeniePosted 12/4/2012 1:36:12 AM
No, because chances are you will never play with those people again. Trying to prove your point is only going to end up making you lose the game. People are going to rage regardless of what you do. It doesn't help anyone doing that because they are just going to rage in the next game they play.
#4TAMIUS_REBORNPosted 12/4/2012 1:37:57 AM(edited)
Perhaps...

nothing extreme like selling all of my items for wards, but sometimes if people are being stupid and I'm in a bad mood I'll do exactly what they ask to make a point. Most of the time I'll just ignore them but sometimes people just get to you...

Ex: Someone pushed the hell out of top, I'm protecting it, my team decides to 5v4 in their jungle for no reason (I'm talking my team chased their team down, they didn't get caught) and yell at me for protecting top instead of being there. Ok, I'll ignore turrets the rest of the game.

Ex2: Someone facechecked a bush and they have 4 people on them. I'm near them but there's nothing I can do but poke while also running away until they die. They yell at me for not helping. Ok, whenever someone gets caught out I'll suicide into whoever's chasing them. We'll feed them 2 kills instead of 1, but that's what my team wanted.
---
Steam: Calimar777
XBL: Calimar
#5Stalky24Posted 12/4/2012 1:37:19 AM
I know, right? When I jungle and they scream "gank please" and similar annoying stuff, I just go there and dive the enemy so our lane has even harder time. When I want to prove my point even harder, I rush there and give enemy doublebuff.
Thats what they get for irritiating me while farming.
#6Masemune_100Posted 12/4/2012 1:39:46 AM
I dived the whole team to make a point one time.
I got a Penta <_<
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade
#7TeeHunter13Posted 12/4/2012 1:52:02 AM
I never do stupid stuff, my only goal in the match is to get fed and doing stupid stuff won't help me.
---
And now, I'm thinking again, isn't there
something we can do about something we can't do anything about?
#8SlaynPosted 12/4/2012 2:00:17 AM
STWChris posted...
I used to before I realised it doesn't help anything at all.

I used to be one of those people that would get fed as an ad carry, would have my team flame me over something (them engaging without me or not retreating when we should) and because they'd call me useless I'd intentionally avoid another teamfight and just push out lanes for the rest of the game.

Same here, I used to be passive aggressive. I wouldn't go off and yell on people, but I would do dumb things because I was pissed. I'm carrying the team or supporting and you yell at me? Time to initiate that fight in a dumb area so we have a large chance of losing.

I stopped doing that. Now when people piss me off I just ignore them. Try to win, there really is no point in intentionally losing, especially in ranked. A lot of times you can manage to pull a win even if it looks grim. Remember if your team can throw the game, so can theirs. All it takes is one good fight.

Also pissing off trolls/volatile players is a bad idea just leave them alone. If you piss them off, they will do the above, sometimes less "covertly". Just ignore them as well so they at least half-heartedly try to win the game.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#9SirDanieIPosted 12/4/2012 2:09:54 AM
TAMIUS_REBORN posted...
Perhaps...

nothing extreme like selling all of my items for wards

Rude teammate: Buy more fcking wards you piece of **** soraka.
Me: But I don't have any more money plus I've warded the important places
Rude teammate: FK YOU! I ****ed your mother!

At this stage I sold all my items and bought zeals and wards.

Actually I didn't.
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
#10SpacefrisianPosted 12/4/2012 2:19:36 AM
Why not try and get a pentakill to make them shut up when all of them died and you didnt, that would be an epic point being made.
---
Lets move mountains or mount movements.