Is Riot trying too hard?

#1norush19minutesPosted 12/4/2012 8:26:12 AM
It seems they're over-complicating everything for no reason.

The item box was fine as it was, very simple and accessible, players could learn everything about it and where they needed to go in 10 minutes.

Why not just add a search bar onto the old one? Polish isn't that important in a game like this, where battles are quick, and people are often only focused on winning. The nice new polished look of the item box is only a gimmick, it will last for a few games and then no one will notice the aesthetics later.

As for the items themselves - there are just too many now. It was fine the way it was, but they decided to try and fix what wasn't broken, and made even -more- items useless.

The second game I played after the patch was mostly allies and enemies alike talking in chat about how they can't find what they need.

The new masteries just seem tacked on. Sure, there are some cool ones, like Pick Pocket, but again, it's just another gimmick. It seems great at first, but then you realize you'd need to hit someone 100 times with a ranged champion for 300 gold.. that's 2000 damage with autoattacks alone assuming you do 20 damage(with armor added in) late game.

It is a nice little bonus - but then you realize you have to go all the way up the support tree, and if you're a support champion, you better make sure you're a ranged one.

Most of the new masteries are like this, they're there to give the players choices, but in the end they're not even close to optimal.

In conclusion this game gets a 3/10 for bad music,
Now read the whole thing backwards
#2FandomOfRandomPosted 12/4/2012 8:29:00 AM
Don't care if you're an alt.

norush19minutes
15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.
---
Congratulations! You just lost the game!
www.losethegame.com
#3norush19minutes(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 8:32:08 AM
FandomOfRandom posted...
Don't care if you're an alt.

norush19minutes
15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.

?
#4AkiraRagnasPosted 12/4/2012 8:34:22 AM
Why are we reading it backwards?
---
A manslayer is a manslayer until the day he dies.
#5norush19minutes(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 8:35:20 AM
Akira_Ragnas posted...
Why are we reading it backwards?

That's my sig
#6ShyvanaPosted 12/4/2012 8:38:10 AM
People like change.
---
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9412/comeatmebro1.png
didn't america win the civil war? - lunarknight64 (Posted 11/10/2009 3:15:32 PM)
#7norush19minutes(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 8:38:44 AM
Shyvana posted...
People like change.

People kept playing when they were just adding champs and new items once and awhile.
#8Final_HatsamuPosted 12/4/2012 8:39:43 AM
I just... disagree with you.

o.o
---
M-8 "I turn the tide, by choosing to abide"
1Cross + 3Nails = 4given
#9TeeHunter13Posted 12/4/2012 8:51:38 AM
I am a conservative person,so I don't like these changes,but I am pretty sure that I'll adapt eventually.
---
And now, I'm thinking again, isn't there
something we can do about something we can't do anything about?
#10HagenExPosted 12/4/2012 8:53:01 AM
I actually think they're doing the opposite. They're basically giving everyone new items and masteries to diversify the playstyles of each champion and break out of this meta. I think it will make room for A LOT of diversification when it comes down to team comps and objective-oriented gameplay (All of a sudden, 1 ranged ADC will be enough for dps with the new items, and you compensate with another heavy CC bruiser @ top), and I think it will take a few weeks for everyone to get used to this.

Im... fine with it tbh, Ill be doing a lot of experiments with different builds, and the best thing is, supports got a lot of love as well, the new aura items + the wards and the masteries are awesome.

Oh and btw, Pickpocket is a SUPPORT mastery, you should get it as support and play offensively (Nunu, Leona and so on).