Oh snap! IWillDominate got permabaned

#31RaverbasherPosted 12/4/2012 3:12:50 PM(edited)
Dollarman_2005 posted...
DoctorEggman posted...

So its ok be to a troll, curse/rage at people, and generally ignore the VERY CLEARLY STATED RULES that say not to do those things?

I'm sensing that you're somebody who's been warned a few times before as well, with such a casual attitude towards toxic behavior.

I mean, I'm a firm believer that I should be able to say whatever the hell I please to whoever I please. This goes in video games or in life. The only difference in THIS video game is that if someone is annoying you to the point of anger, you can simply press that nice chat bubble and make it stop. People have all the power in the world to stop someone's whining / raging / yapping and instead of just muting, they get troll baited so hard and then just rage all game.

The best part? The trolls are typically the ones who are sending in the reports that send it to the tribunal and the person reported is hardly the one who is raging near as hard as the one who reported.

Disagree. People also need to be punished. Yes, you can say whatever you want to whoever you want whenever you want. However, if you were to run your mouth off in a trailer park calling everyone stupid rednecks, or shouting to the world loudly that you can say anything you want whenever you want, ina black neighbourhood while using the n word, you would get shot. If you were lucky.

Because, actually, it is not ok to say anything you want whenever you want. It's important to have that freedom, but just like in reality, if you abuse it, there should be consequences.

I applaud what Riot has done.
---
Virginity is not virtue,
it's just lack of opportunity.
#32C_Dub7Posted 12/4/2012 3:12:30 PM(edited)
Dollarman_2005 posted...

I mean, I'm a firm believer that I should be able to say whatever the hell I please to whoever I please. This goes in video games or in life.

And you can.

Doesn't mean you won't be punished for it when ruining the game experience of other people.

Pretty much this.

You can call me a ****-mongling, ******-ass mega-*****, but don't be surprised when I punch you in the face in retaliation.
---
"YOU'RE IN THE TORGUE ZONE, BABY! IF YOU AREN'T MADE OF GASOLINE, METAL, OR BACON, GET THE **** OUT!" - Mr. Torgue
www.youtube.com/CDubxVRex
#33Knight_Of_Order(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 3:12:37 PM
Dollarman_2005 posted...
I mean, I'm a firm believer that I should be able to say whatever the hell I please to whoever I please.

Well then you better be ready to accept the consequences of whatever you say to whoever you please like any mature person would.
---
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu
#34Sid_IcarusPosted 12/4/2012 3:13:56 PM
DoctorEggman posted...

So its ok be to a troll, curse/rage at people, and generally ignore the VERY CLEARLY STATED RULES that say not to do those things?

I'm sensing that you're somebody who's been warned a few times before as well, with such a casual attitude towards toxic behavior.

I mean, I'm a firm believer that I should be able to say whatever the hell I please to whoever I please. This goes in video games or in life. The only difference in THIS video game is that if someone is annoying you to the point of anger, you can simply press that nice chat bubble and make it stop. People have all the power in the world to stop someone's whining / raging / yapping and instead of just muting, they get troll baited so hard and then just rage all game.

The best part? The trolls are typically the ones who are sending in the reports that send it to the tribunal and the person reported is hardly the one who is raging near as hard as the one who reported.

Just wait until you get out of grade school school and that kind of attitude leaves you alone and unemployed (Say whatever you want to anyone employing you. I dare you)
---
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Lol IGN- ThatKillerBenoit
#35DinhPosted 12/4/2012 3:14:57 PM
Dollarman_2005 posted...
DoctorEggman posted...

I don't think I've EVER seen someone who acts like the typical toxic LoL player in real life. That would be a difficult and lonely existence.
#36XialohPosted 12/4/2012 3:18:42 PM
I don't think I've ever gotten into any trouble for offensive behavior. Pretty much not for my whole life. I still think this was a stupid thing to do. Lock his ability to chat for a year if you must, but this was his career choice, and it was just denied because some kids can't handle being talked to rudely in chat? Really?

I understand that they're the rules. The rules are stupid. Moreso in games that ban you for offensive language when there's a profanity filter that's enabled by default.
---
"Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be." - Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game
#37gam3szzz_2Posted 12/4/2012 3:24:34 PM
#FreeDOM
---
LoL ID: Pinkuu (Support Player)
#38Sid_IcarusPosted 12/4/2012 3:24:57 PM
I don't think I've ever gotten into any trouble for offensive behavior. Pretty much not for my whole life. I still think this was a stupid thing to do. Lock his ability to chat for a year if you must, but this was his career choice, and it was just denied because some kids can't handle being talked to rudely in chat? Really?

I understand that they're the rules. The rules are stupid. Moreso in games that ban you for offensive language when there's a profanity filter that's enabled by default.

Yeah you do realize that swearing is not considering offensive in the game, right? It's the swearing at people, raging like a child, and all and all embarrassing your team and the pro scene in general that Riot has an issue with. What they did was fair. He had more then enough time to stop being an ass, but he just got progressively worse instead
---
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Lol IGN- ThatKillerBenoit
#39UnderwaterAirPosted 12/4/2012 3:26:27 PM
It's about time. Pros should be acting like pros. Not immature little kids.
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!
#40ShyvanaPosted 12/4/2012 3:27:08 PM
From: Black_Assassin | Posted: 12/4/2012 5:02:30 PM | #025
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13680560/comedy%20gold.jpg

I lol'd @ this pic.
---
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9412/comeatmebro1.png
didn't america win the civil war? - lunarknight64 (Posted 11/10/2009 3:15:32 PM)