I don't see what's so bad about new jungle.

#1bast999Posted 12/4/2012 1:35:31 PM
I played Xin Zhao first time new jungle in ranked, bought machete 5 pots, got the upgrade to that and boots, then got merc treads and phage like I always do and then a vamp scep.

All lanes were doing swell, and I cleared camps like a boss and ganked plenty. Meanwhile enemy jungle Cho was lower level than me because he doesn't know how to new jungle.

You just need a hard leash on blue and from there it's literally no different from old jungle if you replace your cloth with machete. Of course, I did run 0/21/9 masteries to hold buffs longer and tank jungle better, which I did in season 2 jungle and seemed overkill, but appears to be mandatory in new jungle. Also, new jungle really hates boots 3.

Looking back, the machete upgrades into something with AD and tenacity, perfect for Xin because merc treads don't have homeguard (super OP) enchantments available, so I can get zerk greaves with homeguard and get my tenacity from elsewhere.
---
Japan is where points go to die - edgeknight
#2Village IdiotPosted 12/4/2012 1:38:48 PM
The new jungle is supposed to give higher rewards.

Unfortunately the higher rewards doesn't kick in until the 11 min mark, and a few minutes later, the first tower will drop and your jungle will be stolen by your teammates.

Add in that you need to buy jungle-specific items like Hatchet, which doesn't help at all when ganking, along with more HP pots because jungle creeps does more damage, and sustain being more expensive.

Junglers are actually even more gold starved now than before.

But Riot will prob make changes, like they did with the catastrophic beginning S2 jungle.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#3Black_AssassinPosted 12/4/2012 1:57:03 PM
Village Idiot posted...
But Riot will prob make changes, like they did with the catastrophic beginning S2 jungle.

Want to remind what happened back then?
#4ritz2Posted 12/4/2012 1:58:20 PM
Black_Assassin posted...
Village Idiot posted...

jungle gave so little farm and xp it was worth having 2 duo lanes
---
http://i.imgur.com/UaixE.jpg
#5Village IdiotPosted 12/4/2012 1:59:08 PM
Black_Assassin posted...
Village Idiot posted...

Beginning S2 Jungle basically gave no XP/gold and if you fail a gank, you're so far behind now it might as well be GG.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#6yourDaddiePosted 12/4/2012 2:00:57 PM
It's ok, it's just republicans complaining about change
---
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#7Rookie_JetPosted 12/4/2012 2:04:06 PM
yourDaddie posted...

LoLz!!
#8centurion911Posted 12/4/2012 2:14:16 PM
People forget that they nerfed lane minion gold and they buffed passive gold. The jungle will definitely give more gold
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
#9WhyYouSoSmartPosted 12/4/2012 2:17:21 PM
yourDaddie posted...

gg wp
#10beedtrackerPosted 12/4/2012 2:19:08 PM
centurion911 posted...
People forget that they nerfed lane minion gold and they buffed passive gold. The jungle will definitely give more gold

To the laners who feel entitled to it
---
Halo4 is a gothamcityimpostors clone, which is not a good thing at all
Anarchy Reigns is coming for 30 bucks, get hype!