I don't see what's so bad about new jungle.

#11edubsPosted 12/4/2012 3:19:16 PM
Village Idiot posted...
The new jungle is supposed to give higher rewards.

Unfortunately the higher rewards doesn't kick in until the 11 min mark, and a few minutes later, the first tower will drop and your jungle will be stolen by your teammates.

Add in that you need to buy jungle-specific items like Hatchet, which doesn't help at all when ganking, along with more HP pots because jungle creeps does more damage, and sustain being more expensive.

Junglers are actually even more gold starved now than before.

But Riot will prob make changes, like they did with the catastrophic beginning S2 jungle.

Put 15 points into utility grabbing biscuit and the extra 50 starting gold and grab machete + crystalline flask. Its like having 3.5 pots and infinite pots upon backing
---
Greatest system of all time is the N64. OOT, SM64, Paper Mario DK64 and Ogre Battle
not changing my sig until the Pirates have a winning season started 3/31/08
#12Village IdiotPosted 12/4/2012 6:58:02 PM
centurion911 posted...
People forget that they nerfed lane minion gold and they buffed passive gold. The jungle will definitely give more gold

Jungle gold actually remains the same until the 11 min mark, afterwards it gets buffed.

However, a few minutes later, the first tower should go down, and then your jungle creeps start being taken by your teammates as they start roaming.

Add the fact that you need Hatchet/Spirit Stone to jungle efficiently, and they initially provide no benefits VS champions, junglers end up even poorer.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#13Rising ChaosPosted 12/4/2012 8:07:33 PM
Village Idiot posted...
Add in that you need to buy jungle-specific items like Hatchet, which doesn't help at all when ganking, along with more HP pots because jungle creeps does more damage, and sustain being more expensive.

Junglers are actually even more gold starved now than before.

I'm not convinced that's an issue because said jungle-specific items are actually all pretty awesome even for non-junglers, just like Wriggle's is a common buy on top laners (and the occaisonal ADC). You're not going to be behind buying these "jungle-specific" items because they're perfectly viable for their stats and the Butcher passive is just gravy on top. And who are you jungling that wouldn't buy any of the four, Rumble?

The only reason Wriggle's even put you behind in S2 jungle is that you're so gold-starved in the jungle to begin with that Wriggle's either delayed or had to be an alternative to gold items. But with the increased jungle rewards, push to more ambient gold and also nerfing of gold items, skipping said items shouldn't be so damning to a jungler's lategame potential anymore.
---
"Pokey and the man."
#14SackBoiPosted 12/4/2012 8:40:52 PM
I have to agree the jungle items are nice but when your team sucks and you have to stop jungling... GG you just lost everything at a hope of doing good that game.
---
Sometimes you get the coal mine, and sometimes you get the shaft.