Consensus on itemization patch?

#1jarjarbanks22Posted 12/4/2012 5:30:04 PM
I'm really not liking it right now. The new jungle makes the game slower pace and less fun. Certain items and builds are ridiculous right now, especially armor and magic pen. Of course Riot is going to address a lot of things and make changes, this is just people's thoughts on the game in its current state.

So what are your guys' thoughts?
#2ssj4supervegetaPosted 12/4/2012 5:32:37 PM
i just dont like the UI of the item shop

otherwise im liking it so far. kinda interested in some new end game builds. most of my builds are the same for some champs.
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#3centurion911Posted 12/4/2012 5:33:32 PM
Torment needs a nerf or we need to figure out a counterbuild. Rageblade is insanely strong on Jax, like stupid strong.

We'll need a week+ to sort this stuff out
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
#4Sarick_LyrePosted 12/4/2012 5:36:23 PM(edited)
Some things I think you're not looking at properly.

Yes, the game is preventing teams from jungle snowballing from the first 5 minutes. However the game isn't any slower overall because of that. Gold income skyrockets after just 10 or so minutes with minion gold being increased at double the pace it used to. This literally means that people are getting more gold in a shorter time.

But to prevent the gold income just making the snowball effect worse they made changes to vision denying and increased the speed of which you can get shutdown. In regards to the game pace I have to say its actually a lot quicker but with less one sided victories.
#5nyhustler208Posted 12/4/2012 5:36:29 PM
centurion911 posted...
Torment needs a nerf or we need to figure out a counterbuild. Rageblade is insanely strong on Jax, like stupid strong.

HP and MR is its counter build
---
"Let me demonstrate Hammer Diplomacy!" - POPPY
I have sex with yordles... Is it blasphemy?
#6genericname1234Posted 12/4/2012 5:36:50 PM
The support itemization is so much fun. The ice sword that builds out of Kage's is fantastic on Sona. Between the active, her E, and the slowing power chord you should be able to chase down anything in the game. You also have shurelya's if you need it and your ult. Nothing will ever escape.
---
"SR'ing is having the RNG abuse you." Deshokun
#7centurion911Posted 12/4/2012 5:38:33 PM
nyhustler208 posted...
centurion911 posted...

HP and MR is its counter build

How could you even think HP is a counter? It does % damage. MR yes, but it's much more expensive now and the Pen on Torment hurts it more.
---
#8nyhustler208Posted 12/4/2012 5:38:41 PM
put it like this, even if you lane bad you are still able to get your full build QUICK due to how much gold you get from minions
---
"Let me demonstrate Hammer Diplomacy!" - POPPY
I have sex with yordles... Is it blasphemy?
#9centurion911Posted 12/4/2012 5:44:45 PM
nyhustler208 posted...
put it like this, even if you lane bad you are still able to get your full build QUICK due to how much gold you get from minions

You get less gold from minions now. They buffed passive gold gain, nerfed minion
---
#10Sarick_LyrePosted 12/4/2012 5:58:35 PM(edited)
centurion911 posted...
nyhustler208 posted...

You get less gold from minions now. They buffed passive gold gain, nerfed minion

Did you not read the patch notes?

Basically the wave's complete value is 9 gold cheaper than it used to be. Except every third wave a the seige minion is worth 13 more gold than it used to be (so not every minion is worth less)

For someone with perfect CS that's a small decrease in gold at the start, but its offset by the ambient gold gain. For people who barely get any CS? It's basically even/more gold.

However the minions are getting gold increases twice as fast as they used to. In just a few minutes they become more valuable than they were in Season 2 and therefore gold income after 10 minutes has skyrocketed (in 10 minutes the minions gold will have increased by a total of 5-6 times, before it was only 2-3).