Consensus on itemization patch?

#11centurion911Posted 12/4/2012 5:58:44 PM
Sarick_Lyre posted...
centurion911 posted...
nyhustler208 posted...
put it like this, even if you lane bad you are still able to get your full build QUICK due to how much gold you get from minions

You get less gold from minions now. They buffed passive gold gain, nerfed minion

Did you not read the patch notes?

Basically the wave's complete value is 9 gold cheaper than it used to be. Except every third wave a the seige minion is worth 13 more gold than it used to be (so not every minion is worth less)

For someone with perfect CS that's a small decrease in gold at the start, but its offset by the ambient gold gain. For people who barely get any CS? It's basically even/more gold.

However the minions are getting gold increases twice as fast as they used to. In just a few minutes they become more valuable than they were in Season 2 and therefore gold income after 10 minutes has skyrocketed.

I did read the patch notes, he said you get more gold from minions, that is false. You get the same gold as the game goes on but that is not my point. Read my post before disputing it
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
#12Sarick_LyrePosted 12/4/2012 6:00:34 PM
centurion911 posted...
Sarick_Lyre posted...
centurion911 posted...
nyhustler208 posted...
put it like this, even if you lane bad you are still able to get your full build QUICK due to how much gold you get from minions

You get less gold from minions now. They buffed passive gold gain, nerfed minion

Basically the wave's complete value is 9 gold cheaper than it used to be. Except every third wave a the seige minion is worth 13 more gold than it used to be (so not every minion is worth less)

For someone with perfect CS that's a small decrease in gold at the start, but its offset by the ambient gold gain. For people who barely get any CS? It's basically even/more gold.

However the minions are getting gold increases twice as fast as they used to. In just a few minutes they become more valuable than they were in Season 2 and therefore gold income after 10 minutes has skyrocketed.

I did read the patch notes, he said you get more gold from minions, that is false. You get the same gold as the game goes on but that is not my point. Read my post before disputing it

How about you read the orginal post you replied to? He said after the laning phase. As in "Even if you lane badly, if you can get an oppertunity to farm your gold income hasn't been hurt as much as it would have in Season 2 due to how gold increases over time by a much larger amount".
#13centurion911Posted 12/4/2012 6:02:04 PM
Sarick_Lyre posted...
centurion911 posted...
Sarick_Lyre posted...
centurion911 posted...
nyhustler208 posted...

How about you read the orginal post you replied to? He said after the laning phase. As in "Even if you lane badly, if you can get an oppertunity to farm your gold income hasn't been hurt as much as it would have in Season 2 due to how gold increases over time by a much larger amount".

No, he said that minions give you enough gold to let you get your full build quick. It's not true, you get ambient gold gain. You're extrapolating on nothing.

I'm gonna stop posting in this topic now because this is pointless
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
#14Tro77TroPosted 12/4/2012 6:03:46 PM
TC has clearly not actually played the patch since the game is significantly faster paced on the PBE than it is in live, save for cutting back safe ganks by a couple minutes.
---
Fiora is mai waifu. :O
"I read this as a Bannanable Offense. I was like, what ksing with raka?" -Kirby1207
#15VoidgolemPosted 12/4/2012 6:06:25 PM
I have no idea who came up with liandry's, but I think I sorta hate them now.

Even if it's hilarious to destroy the entire enemy team with zombie brand.
---
"Assume all cover will explode. And if it doesn't explode, expect aliens to throw grenades in order to fix that"
#16Sarick_LyrePosted 12/4/2012 6:11:09 PM
centurion911 posted...
No, he said that minions give you enough gold to let you get your full build quick. It's not true, you get ambient gold gain. You're extrapolating on nothing.

I'm gonna stop posting in this topic now because this is pointless

Well now I'll always be confused on how someone can just ignore the context of being after the laning phase. Mentioned right in the post. You're not farming minions while having a bad lane.

Minions give more gold overall throughout the entire game. Put that ontop of the ambient gold (which at the very least offsets the minor reduction at the start) and it means the games are shorter to have late game builds. That's the context of this thread, topic, and discussion.
#17HyoozPosted 12/4/2012 6:28:40 PM
Liandry's is hilariously good right now. So many nerfs coming for that.

Enjoy it while its hot.
---
("o0o") My metroid thinks you are stupid. People who
..v...v disagree with metroids often get sucked dry.
#18VoidgolemPosted 12/4/2012 6:35:36 PM
Oh, and Urgot is good again, so kudos to that.
---
"Assume all cover will explode. And if it doesn't explode, expect aliens to throw grenades in order to fix that"