How do the new items affect Leona support?

#11Lord GrahfPosted 12/4/2012 10:38:46 PM
I used to run 1/3/26 on Leona and had no problems staying alive unless you get poked to hell at level 1.
---
Not changing this sig until Walter Mondale is elected president.
Currently Playing: Pepper II, Venture, Frogger
#12Village IdiotPosted 12/4/2012 10:55:12 PM(edited)
I run 0/9/21 Leona

Heal/Flash

Start:

Flask, 3x Wards, 2x Pots, Biscuit, Free Ward

You do not need to start Fairie Charm because Flask gives the equivilent of nearly 4 minutes worth of Fairie Charm mana

Go to where the jungler is starting, and at 1:15, use the temp ward to check for invasion

You can use Flask/Pot + Biscuit together for insane temp regen

On first B, buy a Sightstone. The reason is that over time, it gives more effective GP10 than a Philo due to saving ward money. When you B again, buy a Philo.

After, depending on the situation, I either:

-Upgrade the Sightstone
-Upgrade to Elesia's Miracle
-Buy towards Locket
-Buy towards Mikael's Crucible
-Buy Boots1 if I have left over gold

Aegis doesn't give you a whole lot anymore, unless you decide to upgrade it to the Bulwark

I actually tried a Elesia's Miracle (upgraded and disappeared), Philo, Locket build, and I ended up with something crazy like 60 HP/MP per 5. With masteries + Elesia, my Heal CD dropped to just over 3 minutes.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#13Disruptive_01(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 10:58:37 PM
Village Idiot posted...
I run 0/9/21 Leona

Heal/Flash

Start:

Flask, 3x Wards, 2x Pots, Biscuit, Free Ward

You do not need to start Fairie Charm because Flask gives the equivilent of nearly 4 minutes worth of Fairie Charm mana

Go to where the jungler is starting, and at 1:15, use the temp ward to check for invasion

You can use Flask/Pot + Biscuit together for insane temp regen

On first B, buy a Sightstone. The reason is that over time, it gives more effective GP10 than a Philo due to saving ward money. When you B again, buy a Philo.

After, depending on the situation, I either:

-Upgrade the Sightstone
-Upgrade to Elesia's Miracle
-Buy towards Locket
-Buy towards Mikael's Crucible
-Buy Boots1 if I have left over gold

Aegis doesn't give you a whole lot anymore, unless you decide to upgrade it to the Bulwark

I actually tried a Elesia's Miracle (upgraded and disappeared), Philo, Locket build, and I ended up with something crazy like 60 HP/MP per 5. With masteries + Elesia, my Heal CD dropped to just over 3 minutes.

Amazing. Will try it out tomorrow. :)
---
Maybe this world is another planet's hell.
Experience teaches only the teachable.
- Aldous Huxley
#14VoidgolemPosted 12/4/2012 10:59:35 PM
Bulwark and Zekes are made of win.

other items....eh.
---
"Assume all cover will explode. And if it doesn't explode, expect aliens to throw grenades in order to fix that"
#15Village IdiotPosted 12/4/2012 11:04:14 PM(edited)
Oh, and the reason why I run Heal instead of Exhaust is because Exhaust got nerfed.

I'm still testing to see which is better, but I really like the new Heal as it's CD is reduced by Elesia's Miracle.

Bulwark and Zekes are made of win.

other items....eh.

Ya, new Zekes is pretty damn good too.

Oracle's cost is also reduced to 250g. Its pretty damn funny getting it, killing all Sightstone wards, and watch the enemy Support RAGE.

Its cheap enough now that you can get it earlier than usual if you have the spare gold.

---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#16the_rowanPosted 12/4/2012 11:13:56 PM
angelwkw3 posted...
If you go 21 utility Leona except to die often.

Bull. The lower defense tree is absolutely terrible other than the tenacity stuff midway down. 3% move speed is amazing on her.

Also, for whoever said it, you're absolutely insane if you think Pickpocket is worth taking as a melee support with no escape.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#17Village IdiotPosted 12/4/2012 11:16:31 PM
the_rowan posted...
angelwkw3 posted...
If you go 21 utility Leona except to die often.

Bull. The lower defense tree is absolutely terrible other than the tenacity stuff midway down. 3% move speed is amazing on her.

Also, for whoever said it, you're absolutely insane if you think Pickpocket is worth taking as a melee support with no escape.

Ya, don't get Pickpocket if you're playing Leona.

Really, the only time it triggers is when you're pulling off your combo, or if the enemy team is derping and letting you get close enough to auto.

Overall, on a really good laning phase for you and your ADC, its prob not even going to make you 100g unless the enemy team is outright feeding you.
---
#18Rising ChaosPosted 12/5/2012 12:36:09 AM
Problem with full Utility is that Pickpocket is the biggest reason to go deep in the tree besides the end mastery and as an all-in aggro melee support, Pickpocket is probably not that great a mastery. You're either sitting back and not hitting anyone or you're diving in and killing them, either way you're not making bank (at least not from the mastery).

Lower Defense tree is just fine but has the problem that if you're going all the way, you lose out on Greed. Probably makes the most sense to just stick to Utility. Pickpocket is still plenty strong, even if Leona uses it poorly relative to other supports, and the biggest reasons to go deeper than nine Defense in S2 (the Movespeed and CDR masteries) are gone anyway.

I don't think the items affect Leona any more than they do other supports, lots of extra gold to play with due to Sightstone being awesome and increased ambient gold. FoN on a support? No.
---
"Pokey and the man."