Can Lux be played as a decent support?

#1314dragonmasterPosted 12/5/2012 7:34:46 AM
?
---
PSN ID: ZedoBlack Youtube CH: http://www.youtube.com/MrZedoBlack
#2jepaanPosted 12/5/2012 7:36:36 AM
Not really in my opinion. If you want some AP mid / support going, pick Zyra.
---
-
#3KirynTheClericPosted 12/5/2012 7:48:40 AM
What will support Lux bring to late game?

Her passive? Only she can proc it, unlike Leona's.
Her Q? Can't go through minions, only hits two targets, somewhat decent but is a skillshot and isn't too hard to avoid.
Her W? lol little to no AP to back up a skillshot shield that your teammates will run out of most of the time.
Her E? A small AoE slow that is easily avoided, can be slightly used to zone, but not much, and then little to no AP to back it up.
Her R? What R? No AP to back it up.

She should be played mid or (lol) top as CBBL.
---
"And at what point did you decide to stay on the forums? I don't get that mentality but some people don't have better things to do." - Nofoundation
#4Ravid182Posted 12/5/2012 7:53:47 AM
I prefer morgana as a support over lux.

You still get a strong root, her ult is more useful, and that shield i think is overall more useful.

Plus morgana is a strong counterpick to lots ofs upport bot lanes.
#5RihawfPosted 12/5/2012 9:38:55 AM
You could argue that with the new items giving AP, she can complement the damage.
But still, don't do it.
---
LoL NA IGN: MyakkoFirst|steam: rihawf
League of Legends BR IGN: Rihawf (who'd know?)
#6Camel-RiderPosted 12/5/2012 9:45:51 AM
Id have to agree. Zyra does what lux could do better than Lux.

I mean, you could play Lux as a wombo combo support. Poke all day, hit a snare + ult follow it up with ezreal/cait ult.

Its a gimmick in bot lane, but late-game, what can you really do for your team outside of a snare? The shield is weak IMO without AP.
---
LoL IGN: The Camel Rider
#7Ravid182Posted 12/5/2012 9:48:02 AM
I just feel if youw ant poke you can do better, if you want burst damage you can do better, if you want shield you can do far better, and if you want a root/stun you can do better. And it isn't a situation where "well she brings all these!" because all of those are mediocre on her without ap.
#8BarrenitePosted 12/5/2012 9:59:27 AM
Support Lux is fun.

Pair her with a Tristana and kill everything.
---
Elise is my waifu! Hands off!
#9themagicpainmanPosted 12/5/2012 10:10:05 AM
Support Fiddle's way more fun.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#10HyperTailsManPosted 12/5/2012 12:20:11 PM
What does support Lux have over support Janna?
---
Just call me HTM