New junglers for season 3

#1thedeadgopherPosted 12/5/2012 7:40:34 AM
Just wondering what people have tried and found to work.

I just tried out Taric running 11 1 18 masteries and it worked surprisingly well. Decent clear time, no problem with sustain. Just in a custom though. I had tried him out a couple times in season 2 with good results and he seems quicker now.
---
would you like some of my mushroom tea...
:(
#2-Hydreigon-Posted 12/5/2012 7:41:43 AM
A ton of characters are viable now as long as you give them Machete.
---
Vyro of http://www.eShopGamers.com/
~I review crap~
#3RzulPosted 12/5/2012 7:42:43 AM
Skarner. Kha'Zix. Diana.

Single target elimination is crucial now with the scaling jungle.
---
Varus is my waifu... wait..
3DS FC: 4038-6009-6930 PSN: Rzul96xsEED
#4thedeadgopher(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 7:44:16 AM
Indeed. But I want to know what champs now exceed expectations in the jungle
---
#5thedeadgopher(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 7:44:42 AM
i was responding to the second post btw
---
#6Septimo_OmegaPosted 12/5/2012 7:50:46 AM
I doubt Taric has a decent cleartime.
#7RzulPosted 12/5/2012 7:52:20 AM
thedeadgopher posted...
i was responding to the second post btw

Those are the ones I've found to be the best at clearing camps and ganking. Once they burn their flash/ghost, the enemy is screwed. Kha has a massive gap closer and slow. Diana has a massive gap closer and pull-back/slow. Skarner has a MS/AS buff and a stun that pulls them back into decimation range. This season, jungling is going to be very aggressive to keep up with all the new builds. Gonna have to shut down the enemy before they build so you can get fed.
---
Varus is my waifu... wait..
3DS FC: 4038-6009-6930 PSN: Rzul96xsEED
#8XcZeus3469Posted 12/5/2012 8:28:07 AM
Nocturne can be built more battle-mode style now. Still a work in progress, but I have found machete+5->boots/madred->avarice/wriggles works nicely, then getting iceborn gauntlet and ghostblade + w.e you want works nicely. I still use 9-21-0 though, havent tried 21-9-0 yet. cant rely on soloque laners to realize they need to actually fight the golem with me now if they want ganks pre-6 minutes.
---
"I read this as a Bannanable Offense. I was like, what ksing with Soraka?"-Kirby 1207
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CommanderKJK-1173/hero/60977
#9SlaynPosted 12/5/2012 8:30:12 AM
XcZeus3469 posted...
Nocturne can be built more battle-mode style now. Still a work in progress, but I have found machete+5->boots/madred->avarice/wriggles works nicely, then getting iceborn gauntlet and ghostblade + w.e you want works nicely. I still use 9-21-0 though, havent tried 21-9-0 yet. cant rely on soloque laners to realize they need to actually fight the golem with me now if they want ganks pre-6 minutes.

How do you survive without merc treads for the tenacity and also why would you use iceborn, that seems extremely crappy on Nocturne who is the complete opposite of spammable abilities.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#10KirbixPosted 12/5/2012 8:39:01 AM
Slayn posted...
XcZeus3469 posted...

How do you survive without merc treads for the tenacity and also why would you use iceborn, that seems extremely crappy on Nocturne who is the complete opposite of spammable abilities.

This. I used it on noc last night and regretted it immensely.

I'm trying this build tonight for noc:
14/16/0 to get lots of AA damage reduction for my ganks.
Machete + pots
Early vamp sceptre
Boots > greaves
Wits
Machete >spirit stone> spirit of the golem. HP, armor and tenacity OP (I will try Mercs and spirit of the lizard as well)
Aegis
Hydra

Maybe throw a sightstone in; not sure. Gives plenty of bulk and attack speed, while Hydra will hurt a lot when you're in your trail.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus