New junglers for season 3

#11XcZeus3469Posted 12/5/2012 8:42:50 AM
Kirbix posted...
Slayn posted...
XcZeus3469 posted...
Nocturne can be built more battle-mode style now. Still a work in progress, but I have found machete+5->boots/madred->avarice/wriggles works nicely, then getting iceborn gauntlet and ghostblade + w.e you want works nicely. I still use 9-21-0 though, havent tried 21-9-0 yet. cant rely on soloque laners to realize they need to actually fight the golem with me now if they want ganks pre-6 minutes.

How do you survive without merc treads for the tenacity and also why would you use iceborn, that seems extremely crappy on Nocturne who is the complete opposite of spammable abilities.

This. I used it on noc last night and regretted it immensely.

I'm trying this build tonight for noc:
14/16/0 to get lots of AA damage reduction for my ganks.
Machete + pots
Early vamp sceptre
Boots > greaves
Wits
Machete >spirit stone> spirit of the golem. HP, armor and tenacity OP (I will try Mercs and spirit of the lizard as well)
Aegis
Hydra

Maybe throw a sightstone in; not sure. Gives plenty of bulk and attack speed, while Hydra will hurt a lot when you're in your trail.

that's what zephyr is for...the tenacity. And the AD. And the AS.

I havent considered hydra yet, I might try that in place of iceborn next. Also, why do I pick iceborn? because with the build I use I get 30-35% cdr and so I can alternate between Q/E pretty much every few seconds to keep the ice effect going. Although to be fair, most fights only last 2 or three cycles. The enemy is usually either dead or running by that point
---
"I read this as a Bannanable Offense. I was like, what ksing with Soraka?"-Kirby 1207
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CommanderKJK-1173/hero/60977
#12SlaynPosted 12/5/2012 8:47:26 AM
I think with all the black cleaver BS that stacking HP is the way to go. I tried 2-3 games with Nocturne and I got ate to shreds. I wasn't sure what to build so I went more "classic", substituting the HOG-Randuins for a GA.

Mechete
Boots-Merc
Wriggles
Wits end
Phage
Aegis->Whatever aegis upgrade
GA

And I got torn up pretty bad, that is around 200/200. x_X Didn't finish the mallet, game ended. Might just have to stack HP for late game or something I don't know.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#13KirbixPosted 12/5/2012 8:56:00 AM
Ah, I haven't been up against a stacked cleaver yet. In that case the 500 HP on golems spirit will definitely be useful. Maybe ill sub out the aegis for a mallet then. I definitely like what I've seen from Hydra and the AS from wits and greaves, though.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#14XcZeus3469Posted 12/5/2012 8:59:08 AM
Now that Slayn brought that up, cleaver might be an option on Nocturne....since it procs doing ANY phys damage and Umbra blades is physical, that would justify ulting into a pack of champions (assuming you can get out, obviously) and immediately dropping everyone's armor.

So much testing.....and I have finals next week...blah.
---
"I read this as a Bannanable Offense. I was like, what ksing with Soraka?"-Kirby 1207
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CommanderKJK-1173/hero/60977