Nami's lore: "In order to save my kind... acquire moonstone."

#1DeleveleDPosted 12/5/2012 7:28:56 AM
*Magically joins the league with no explanation*.

The end.
---
The statement below is false.
The statement above is true.
#2314dragonmasterPosted 12/5/2012 7:34:07 AM
DeleveleD posted...
*Magically joins the league with no explanation*.

The end.

I wondered the same thing.
---
PSN ID: ZedoBlack Youtube CH: http://www.youtube.com/MrZedoBlack
#3__Darujhistan__Posted 12/5/2012 7:35:28 AM
Lol lore.

See what I did there?
---
A trench named Bingo Crepuscule? Why not Youppie Tralala?
-A Very Long Engagement
#4myg0t_stkPosted 12/5/2012 7:36:53 AM
wait you actually read lore? LOL!
#5KeepItCivilPosted 12/5/2012 7:38:13 AM
Ok, let's repeat this again so it sticks:
THERE WILL BE NO MORE ONE-LINERS A-LA "AND THEN HE JOINED THE LEAGUE BECAUSE HIS MOM TOLD HIM TO."
For heaven's sake.
---
Kill dangerous wildlife and wear it as a hat.
#6SlaynPosted 12/5/2012 7:38:16 AM
To understand LoL lore, just imagine a bunch of champions sitting in a room together:

"DEMACIAAAA!"

"NOXIAAAA"

"IONIAAA NINJAAAAA"

"Random whateveraaaaa!"
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#7RaytheRulerPosted 12/5/2012 7:42:55 AM
I find it odd how she's supposedly pressed for time in her quest yet joins the league with no known reason as to how that would help her find the moonstone. I think its possibly the idea that the person she's suppose to trade with is probably fantastical too so they would fit as a member of the league. But the lore really should hint at a champ who would be destined to make the trade (probs Diana) and thus gives reason for Nami to join. Essentially she joins cause she's looking for someone special to make the foretold trade and league is where you find special individuals.
#8Suffer_NotPosted 12/5/2012 8:01:07 AM(edited)
If I were to try and make Riot's Lore make sense, I would conclude that Nami joined the league after finding the stone. Her adventures led her to conclude that the land dwellers were far more important than her people had always assumed and that it was in their best interests that she act as a representative for them.

However, the problem with that is that her adventures searching for the moonstone in a desperate gambit to save her people is way more interesting than the day to day livings of a political ambassador. There are far too many interesting questions raised that don't get answered that way.

If you'll tolerate my musings...

So far, there has only been one organization in the League Lore that has dealt with anything related to the Moon. The one whose ruins were discovered by Diana. Before, it would be very easy to dismiss them as the ravings of a lunatic (tee hee), since Diana sort of killed all the potential witnesses or suspects who might know why the Solari were trying to hide the existence of the people who worshiped the moon (let's just call them Lunari for sake of discussion).

But now we have someone else, in fact an entire race of people, who can also testify to the existence of this culture that mysteriously vanished and was then hidden. It casts the Solari in an unfavorable light, because it would seem to imply that they have something to hide. And that it has something to do with the death of one culture and near extinction of an entire race.

Think of the trials Nami and Diana would have to go through. Finding each other, learning to trust each other, searching for more ruins of the Lunari culture in a race against time and the entire military might of the Solari and by extension the people of Rakkor. Their discoveries of conspiracy and dark pasts and secrets that were not kept as well as some would wish. Their eventual vindication, leading to Nami saving her people and joining the league to further safeguard them from the greed and shame of the air breathers.

Except Riot is never going to tell that story, so all those interesting little details and coincidences end up just being so much filler.
---
http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt323/gejsiv/Ninetailsfoxladyedit.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#9MaurithPosted 12/5/2012 7:59:26 AM
Maybe the moonstone bearer is going to be a new champ. Like someone who rebelled against tradition and decided to see if they could use the moonstone for selfish reasons. [shrug]
---
[LoL favourites: Janna, Syndra, Rumble, Fizz, Ezreal, Miss Fortune, Katarina, Volibear, Ahri, Orianna, Tristana, Amumu, Nami, Irelia, Sona]
#10DeleveleD(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 8:02:12 AM(edited)
^ You're just over imagining, over thinking, and over complicating things.

I did read that though, and I applaud your effort and idea, but I sincerely doubt that Nami and Diana have some sort of connection going. I'm thinking Riot just wanted to create a quick lore for the sake of having one, despite having both subtle and obvious connections to other champions.

Don't get me wrong though, you could be right.

Edit: This post is meant for Suffer_Not.
---
The statement below is false.
The statement above is true.