Nami's lore: "In order to save my kind... acquire moonstone."

#11LimeInCoconutPosted 12/5/2012 10:22:39 AM
If I were to try and make Riot's Lore make sense, I would conclude that Nami joined the league after finding the stone. Her adventures led her to conclude that the land dwellers were far more important than her people had always assumed and that it was in their best interests that she act as a representative for them.

However, the problem with that is that her adventures searching for the moonstone in a desperate gambit to save her people is way more interesting than the day to day livings of a political ambassador. There are far too many interesting questions raised that don't get answered that way.

If you'll tolerate my musings...

So far, there has only been one organization in the League Lore that has dealt with anything related to the Moon. The one whose ruins were discovered by Diana. Before, it would be very easy to dismiss them as the ravings of a lunatic (tee hee), since Diana sort of killed all the potential witnesses or suspects who might know why the Solari were trying to hide the existence of the people who worshiped the moon (let's just call them Lunari for sake of discussion).

But now we have someone else, in fact an entire race of people, who can also testify to the existence of this culture that mysteriously vanished and was then hidden. It casts the Solari in an unfavorable light, because it would seem to imply that they have something to hide. And that it has something to do with the death of one culture and near extinction of an entire race.

Think of the trials Nami and Diana would have to go through. Finding each other, learning to trust each other, searching for more ruins of the Lunari culture in a race against time and the entire military might of the Solari and by extension the people of Rakkor. Their discoveries of conspiracy and dark pasts and secrets that were not kept as well as some would wish. Their eventual vindication, leading to Nami saving her people and joining the league to further safeguard them from the greed and shame of the air breathers.

Except Riot is never going to tell that story, so all those interesting little details and coincidences end up just being so much filler.

And then they make love
---
http://i.imgur.com/6AzX0.gif http://i.imgur.com/x7ji9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sA2IS.gif
#12NaxochilsPosted 12/5/2012 10:23:45 AM
LimeInCoconut posted...
If I were to try and make Riot's Lore make sense, I would conclude that Nami joined the league after finding the stone. Her adventures led her to conclude that the land dwellers were far more important than her people had always assumed and that it was in their best interests that she act as a representative for them.

However, the problem with that is that her adventures searching for the moonstone in a desperate gambit to save her people is way more interesting than the day to day livings of a political ambassador. There are far too many interesting questions raised that don't get answered that way.

So far, there has only been one organization in the League Lore that has dealt with anything related to the Moon. The one whose ruins were discovered by Diana. Before, it would be very easy to dismiss them as the ravings of a lunatic (tee hee), since Diana sort of killed all the potential witnesses or suspects who might know why the Solari were trying to hide the existence of the people who worshiped the moon (let's just call them Lunari for sake of discussion).

But now we have someone else, in fact an entire race of people, who can also testify to the existence of this culture that mysteriously vanished and was then hidden. It casts the Solari in an unfavorable light, because it would seem to imply that they have something to hide. And that it has something to do with the death of one culture and near extinction of an entire race.

Think of the trials Nami and Diana would have to go through. Finding each other, learning to trust each other, searching for more ruins of the Lunari culture in a race against time and the entire military might of the Solari and by extension the people of Rakkor. Their discoveries of conspiracy and dark pasts and secrets that were not kept as well as some would wish. Their eventual vindication, leading to Nami saving her people and joining the league to further safeguard them from the greed and shame of the air breathers.

Except Riot is never going to tell that story, so all those interesting little details and coincidences end up just being so much filler.

And then they make love

11/10 would read novel.
---
"But if i bootypooty when i don't have to bootypooty it might result in a bootydoody. And you don't want that on your mouth." - Meatwad
#13RenegadePhantomPosted 12/5/2012 10:32:22 AM
I haven't read the lore but couldn't you just assume that the big guys in robes would just give Nami the stone for an eternity of service in the League?
---
Setting the table with finery. Let us stop picking at our food! Burning like the finest Spice-A-Roni! From out of the darkness comes the mystery Medafighter!
#14DuDuDu10101Posted 12/5/2012 10:45:37 AM
Slayn posted...
To understand LoL lore, just imagine a bunch of champions sitting in a room together:

"DEMACIAAAA!"

"NOXIAAAA"

"IONIAAA NINJAAAAA"

"FOR ARIEL!"

FIFY
---
*slaps TC with a raw chicken*
This will continue until you make proper gamefaqs messages.
#15Sythstrife99Posted 12/5/2012 10:51:33 AM
up where they walk, up where they run, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wish i could be....part of that world
#16YourJanissaryPosted 12/5/2012 11:42:39 AM
Sythstrife99 posted...
up where they walk, up where they run, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wish i could be....part of that world

What do they got a lot of sand? We got a hot crustacean band!
---
Draft Pro-Gamers, ask me about a draft, I'm an admin.
ProESN.com
#17StupidMofozPosted 12/5/2012 11:51:02 AM(edited)
The fact that some ignore the lack of character personality and lore issue Riot has is kind of sad for the insane amount of profit the company makes. It's honestly really lazy.

I wish LoL had at least half the dialog and personality DOTA 2 heroes have, sadly they don't even have 1/100th of the dialog each individual hero has. So we end up knowing squat about them and don't even have good reasons for the abilities they have.
#18WebBowserPosted 12/5/2012 11:52:17 AM
lore of every champ ever

<insert goal here>

plan to achieve <insert goal here>

1. Join the League

2. ???

3. PROFIT
---
How does Riot keep it's balance? That I can tell you in one word!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRdfX7ut8gw
#19g-cube_mastaPosted 12/5/2012 12:02:52 PM

And then they make love

the real kinky stuff with ropes
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#20kirbyakaZPosted 12/5/2012 12:29:52 PM
StupidMofoz posted...
The fact that some ignore the lack of character personality and lore issue Riot has is kind of sad for the insane amount of profit the company makes. It's honestly really lazy.

I wish LoL had at least half the dialog and personality DOTA 2 heroes have, sadly they don't even have 1/100th of the dialog each individual hero has. So we end up knowing squat about them and don't even have good reasons for the abilities they have.

While I was not playing during that time, I wish they would bring back "The Journal of Justice" and made it more important. Maybe even a comic book or cartoon.

Who wouldn't watch a 10-30 minute show that came out once a month?
Or maybe two 15 minute shows a month, one for the new champ of that month and one for a main story line. Even if there was no real "story" it would be awesome to have a show that even just added hi-jinx and personality for the champs.

Personally, I would love to see what happened to Veigar during his torture, how he was(and looked) before hand, and some of is exploits trying to take over Bandle City.

This cartoon could even be used to introduce legendary skins, again for example that cartoon could come out at the same time as "Young Veigar."

To make this into profit, they will get money off of the views, and you could perhaps pay a small amount of money for a subscription for viewing the cartoons a day or so early.

Anyone think I should make a thread about this on the LoL boards?
---
High Five if you love Jesus!
High fives:9 Annoyed faces:4