Boots for Skarner

#1talisiosPosted 12/5/2012 12:56:51 PM
Now normally in S2, I would build Mercs or Tabi on Skarner, for mostly obvious reason. With the introduction of the Spirit of the Ancient Golem, however, Skarner can get his Tenacity from a different source, opening up new options for boots on him.

This started me thinking about getting Boots of Swiftness on him. Since Skarner needs to move quickly for his initiation, the extra movespeed could come in handy, but what really made me wonder is the Slow Resist passive. Combined with 21 in the defence tree, this reduces the effectiveness of slows to 60% (63.75% if they stack multiplicatively instead of additively), which could make quite the difference in terms of his initiation.

Really, what I'm asking is how viable would the news Boots of Swiftness be on Skarner? Would the Slow Resist make them a viable choice, or is the Armour / MR from Tabi / Treads too good to pass up?
---
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop that." - Arthur Dent
#2mattislegionPosted 12/5/2012 1:00:51 PM
I thought everyone bought Boots of Mobility on Skarner.
---
"Stranded in this spooky town."
LoL IGN: Matt Is Legion, A Mole Sitting
#3LordMordorPosted 12/5/2012 1:14:18 PM
Tabi or mobility are still his go-to options...using either homeguard or furor for the enchantment

Tabi is still very useful for it's AA reduction passive, and more armor is always helpful

In general though people go mobility boots on skarner. If your getting boots 3 for the initiation your just gimping yourself as boots 5 does that job better

Once your on top of them they aren't getting away anyway
---
This election year....vote the Dark Lord Sauron
He promises better healthcare and free Rings of Power!
#4profDEADPOOLPosted 12/5/2012 1:33:48 PM
Tabi if you need the armor. Mobility otherwise.
---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clans
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkeye, Secret Avengers, Gambit, JLD, and Batwing