Are the spirit items worth using in the jungle?

#1refmonPosted 12/5/2012 7:30:53 PM
I only tried jarvan and khazix but should I just skip over it?
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
#2bobguydude1Posted 12/5/2012 7:31:38 PM
short answer, yes.
---
YOU BROKE RNG!!?!?!?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!- insane_pyro74
#3Lord_Spectre_XPosted 12/5/2012 7:31:52 PM
Of course not, the Spirit Items is why Jungling is fantastic now.
---
"I'm not a religious man, but because of Nunu, I believe in Hell." - Stonewall
#4VoidgolemPosted 12/5/2012 7:32:59 PM
Do you also skip smite?

because it's about the same principle.
---
"Assume all cover will explode. And if it doesn't explode, expect aliens to throw grenades in order to fix that"
#5Walker_RealPosted 12/5/2012 7:36:55 PM(edited)

Wow. I have no trouble sustaining without them. The simple machete is all you really need.
I can't have 2k come out of my pocket to complete some half bit item.

IMO very few junglers benefit from them.

But I should mention, I prefer energy/no mana champs and usually jungle with them, so the mana regen is a huge waste.

The only jungler I use that I would consider is when I'm Diana for giggles, then the Spectral Wraith might be incredibly worth it.
#6darkman95Posted 12/5/2012 7:37:10 PM
The spirit items are amazing, build one on every jungler.

Every AD jungler should build Spirit of the Elder Lizard

AP junglers like Fiddle need Spirit of the Spectral Wraith

Tanky jungles need Spirit of the Ancient Golem
---
"The only people who should shoot, are those who are prepared to be shot at."- The Great Emperor Lelouch Vi Britannia
#7_HeXPosted 12/5/2012 7:37:29 PM
Most recent game our jungler picks Amumu and goes "I need hard leash and help to kill blue, jungling is so slow now"

So I go "Pick machete"

Amumu "No, I don't like it. I start with Hp regen"

/facepalm
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#8VoidgolemPosted 12/5/2012 7:38:26 PM
heck, Lizard Elder on Hecarim, Q/W proc the burn damage too.
---
"Assume all cover will explode. And if it doesn't explode, expect aliens to throw grenades in order to fix that"
#9RaytheRulerPosted 12/5/2012 7:42:18 PM
Well it does depend on the champ, Lee and Shy still prefer Wriggles.

Sejuani though is absolutely fantastic with a Spirit of the Ancient Golem. I suspect Jarvan and Kha would benefit from spirit of the lizard elder. I suspect Amumu and Nautilus will need spirit items too.

I've only gotten into Sejuani and Shyvana jungle so far; love the changes cause it promotes passive farming until lvl 5-7 and less chance the enemy will invade. But yeah, Spirit is essential on Sej and probs many others.
#10VoidgolemPosted 12/5/2012 7:43:20 PM
pretty sure lizard elder procs on burnout ticks too.
---