I like DotA better because income is skill based.

#21RuneknPosted 12/6/2012 3:46:59 AM
joelpball posted...
why not address the root of the problem, remove last hit stuff altoegether, and just let people pool who are in the vicinity? xp and gold.

Let's all play Smite and bask in wonderous xp and gold.

And grind a billion years for characters. At least in Smite you can "rent" one for a game, and play all of them in practice.
#22ZhouYeeizlePosted 12/6/2012 3:51:07 AM
joelpball posted...
why not address the root of the problem, remove last hit stuff altoegether, and just let people pool who are in the vicinity? xp and gold.

And grind a billion years for characters. At least in Smite you can "rent" one for a game, and play all of them in practice.

Or Bloodline champions. Probably the truest definition of a Moba.
---
People need to be more obsessed with getting themselves - Narcissexual
#23aibohphobiaPosted 12/6/2012 3:58:28 AM
Covenant posted...
I guess this is true if you only get 4 cs per minute?

That's actually considered pretty pathetic by League standards, though.

4/8 creeps/min = 183 gold average + 75 ambient gold
6/12 minions/min = 105 gold average + 96 ambient gold

can't cs? it's no problem, riot has you covered
---
asdfghjklkjhgfdsa
#24Ultima_Weapon33Posted 12/6/2012 5:38:38 PM
this is a MOBA. multiplayer online battle arena.

It's funny when people use this logic because competitive and pub DotA has more kills per minute than League.
---
You'll see - Eternal love, that's what this is
This feeling that I just cannot resist... OD
#25Sid_IcarusPosted 12/6/2012 5:41:27 PM
last hit is just a component left over from the medium within which original dota was presented, which was warcraft 3.

realistically, it makes some sense, but i would rather it was final fantasy style, and those in the proximity shared exp, as though it was a random fight in an FF game. would make more sense.

riot is already admitting supports need more help, so they increase passive gold, which benefits EVERYONE.

the game shouldn't really be about economy shouyld it? shouldn't it be about battling in the arena? out stratting you ropponent? nuking them better than they nuke you?

not a MOEB. multiplayer online economy battle

What you want would quite literally kill this game, it's fanbase, and most pro teams. It is just a terrible terrible suggestion.
---
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Lol IGN- ThatKillerBenoit
#26yamas11Posted 12/6/2012 5:45:27 PM
joelpball posted...
last hit is just a component left over from the medium within which original dota was presented, which was warcraft 3.

realistically, it makes some sense, but i would rather it was final fantasy style, and those in the proximity shared exp, as though it was a random fight in an FF game. would make more sense.

riot is already admitting supports need more help, so they increase passive gold, which benefits EVERYONE.

the game shouldn't really be about economy shouyld it? shouldn't it be about battling in the arena? out stratting you ropponent? nuking them better than they nuke you?

Play Dominion for a more battle arena experience.
---
This is my sig
#27AmarajahPosted 12/6/2012 5:45:57 PM
Sid_Icarus posted...

What you want would quite literally kill this game, it's fanbase, and most pro teams. It is just a terrible terrible suggestion.

Really for such a thing they just create new maps, like dominion is barely focused on getting the minion gold even though it's a nice bonus. If you want exactly the same as summoner's rift except last hits not mattering as much/at all, then I don't think they'd do that. Too much alienation of core game mechanics.
#28funkys-flightsPosted 12/6/2012 5:51:12 PM
Runekn posted...
joelpball posted...

woo go smite. Ranged AD is the hardest role without a doubt, especially when every god and their mother has a leap
---
................ ~...............
anoche sone contigo ;)
#29OkmanL1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 12:42:45 PM
3-4 cs per minute in dota is actually very good.
---
"Hand me my purple light saber, it's the one that says bad mother****** on it." -Samuel L. Jackson
#30GForceDragonPosted 12/10/2012 12:44:20 PM
OkmanL1 posted...
With LoL most of your income is gained passively. Income in DotA is based off of how well you can last hit, and how long you can stay away from the fountain.

While I partially agree with you in that I like how DotA2's makes you pay for dying and whatnot, I don't think that anybody here really cares.

The board could have probably gotten by without this topic, OP.
---
"I'm not insane." - LaqOfInterest