Why don't I see more people building Zephyr? It's the Phantom Dancer of bruisers

#1centurion911Posted 12/5/2012 10:27:57 PM(edited)
Movespeed+Tenacity+AS+AD+CDR is a great item to have on AS based champs. Noct, Irelia, Jax and Xin love this item, especially because it lets them get other boots (Like Zerkers)

EDIT: When I say Phantom dancer, I mean it offer all the utility you need in one little package. CDR, Movespeed, and Tenacity
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
#2centurion911(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 10:43:33 PM
bump?
---
#3StrangeObjectivPosted 12/5/2012 10:55:19 PM
Something reasonable and everyone on here seems to overlook it :P

Its a damn good item, I think its just going to take some time for people to catch on!
#4fattonygambinoPosted 12/5/2012 11:00:11 PM
PD makes you avoid unit collision now though
---
You shall henceforth be known as, The Mover of the Wind, Breath of Air, The Lightning Zephyr.
As dubbed by the Evil Dwarf atop the Wall
#5michael_k1dPosted 12/6/2012 12:15:35 AM(edited)
Tenacity stacking isn't gold efficient anymore, so Irelia doesn't benefit from it as much. Irelia is fine with just the passive and masteries.
---
My whole brain is crying!
#6centurion911(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 10:32:56 AM
michael_k1d posted...
Tenacity stacking isn't gold efficient anymore, so Irelia doesn't benefit from it as much. Irelia is fine with just the passive and masteries.

What are you talking about? If I didn't have the Zephyr I would be buying Mercs because it stacks with her passive and the mastery. Tenacity is what makes Irelia unstoppable.
---
#7xMikhalxPosted 12/6/2012 10:36:29 AM
With a lack of other options to get sufficient MR, I find myself purchasing merc and just going offensive builds with other items.
#8UnderwaterAirPosted 12/6/2012 10:38:02 AM
Zephyr is a noob trap item. It's like Nashor's Tooth before Diana came along.

Seemingly nice stats that basically any ADC or AD bruiser can use. But for its cost compared to other items in the price range it's useless. Like, really, I can only think of Irelia or Fiora going glass that would ever want it. And even then when they might want it they could be spending that gold on better stuff.
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!
#9Camel-RiderPosted 12/6/2012 10:38:45 AM
Its usefulness is pretty nice, but the fact that it has absolutely no defensive stats (no health, armor or MR), means that it cant really be used by most top lane champions.

Nasus, for example: He loves CDR, movement speed, AD, tenacity. Why its a bad item is b/c you can get merc treads + Frozen heart + spirit visage for health, mr, armor, max CDR.

At that point if you want movement speed, just get triforce.
---
LoL IGN: The Camel Rider
#10Herostratus_Posted 12/6/2012 10:42:51 AM
UnderwaterAir posted...
Zephyr is a noob trap item. It's like Nashor's Tooth before Diana came along.

Seemingly nice stats that basically any ADC or AD bruiser can use. But for its cost compared to other items in the price range it's useless. Like, really, I can only think of Irelia or Fiora going glass that would ever want it. And even then when they might want it they could be spending that gold on better stuff.

How. 50% atkspd and tenacity alone make it a nice buy. The extra ad and cdr make it good for bruisers. Because of the atkspd, maybe it wouldn't be good on ad casters like riven, but for champs like jax and irelia, it's great.
---
LoL IGN: Yossarian42