Why don't I see more people building Zephyr? It's the Phantom Dancer of bruisers

#11Xano1234Posted 12/6/2012 11:45:12 AM
Too costly for subpar stats. I would rather get a pd or something else instead. Needs a better passive than tenacity.
---
Brawl Friend Code: 1547-4883-9310
#12UnderwaterAirPosted 12/6/2012 11:47:58 AM
How. 50% atkspd and tenacity alone make it a nice buy. The extra ad and cdr make it good for bruisers. Because of the atkspd, maybe it wouldn't be good on ad casters like riven, but for champs like jax and irelia, it's great.

Tenacity is also on merc treads which are the preferred boots of bruisers. Ninja tabi are the other ones to counter build or against adc.

It's a 2800 gold tier item. Not many bruisers care about attack speed. They're ad casters for a reason. Renekton. Riven does auto attack but that's in between her skills which can be canceled out of. Garen is basically QspinR. No auto attacks there. etcetc

For 2800 you're better off with a different item. Survivability is paramount. And when you compare offensive items for bruisers there are better choices for 2800ish gold.

Like I said, I can only think of really only Fiora and Irelia that would like all of its stats all of the time. And even then I can't make a cause to buy Zephyr over Black Cleaver, Randuin's, Bloodthirster, major mres item, etcetc.
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!
#13michael_k1dPosted 12/6/2012 12:14:59 PM
centurion911 posted...
michael_k1d posted...
Tenacity stacking isn't gold efficient anymore, so Irelia doesn't benefit from it as much. Irelia is fine with just the passive and masteries.

What are you talking about? If I didn't have the Zephyr I would be buying Mercs because it stacks with her passive and the mastery. Tenacity is what makes Irelia unstoppable.

Its not gold efficient on her because its multiplicative. She gets a lot less % tenacity for the price than someone without any inherent tenacity. For 2800g you're getting a lot less tenacity than anyone else who buys it.
---
My whole brain is crying!
#14centurion911(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 8:53:50 PM
michael_k1d posted...
centurion911 posted...
michael_k1d posted...
Tenacity stacking isn't gold efficient anymore, so Irelia doesn't benefit from it as much. Irelia is fine with just the passive and masteries.

What are you talking about? If I didn't have the Zephyr I would be buying Mercs because it stacks with her passive and the mastery. Tenacity is what makes Irelia unstoppable.

Its not gold efficient on her because its multiplicative. She gets a lot less % tenacity for the price than someone without any inherent tenacity. For 2800g you're getting a lot less tenacity than anyone else who buys it.

You've obviously never played Irelia before, she went Merc Treads all the time last season fro a reason
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."