A newbie player here. Need some clarifications

#1StriderVMPosted 12/6/2012 1:15:56 AM
Unfortunately I think I have no knowledge of the "metagame" as of right now so I guess I'll ask in a very specific way.

Currently the only champion I've consistently used is Wukong, well there's also Heimerdinger (I seem to like underused/underestimated champions) but that's another story.

Wukong benefits mostly from attack power isn't it? I think it is because of his Q skill which is considered a powered up auto attack? Which means ability power enhancing items will not help much his Q move?

Then on his E move I prefer to use this as a chasing move. Does ability power increase this moves power or is it attack power?

It also seems that Wukong has near zero magic damage capabilities, this means I'll get wrecked by any character that uses a thorn mail isn't it? And there's no way around except targeting their squisher/less armored champions? My current strategy is to just rush E and then R directly to their mages, and while most, if not all of the enemy flies up, my teammates attack the squisher ones then lastly kill the tank.

I'm also interested in using Vladimir, any suggestions and builds for him? I just want him to be less squishy than my Wukong in teamfights....
---
If you still can't emulate MVC2 perfectly on your PC, it means it's at least 5 years old.
#2TestamentXPosted 12/6/2012 1:21:42 AM
To check whether or not a move uses AP or AD, hover over it. It if says (+[red]) it's AD, if it's (+[green]) it's AP. Hope that helps.
---
http://www.lightsoutgodhelpme.com
#3TeeHunter13Posted 12/6/2012 1:22:58 AM
The only ability that scales with AP on Wukong is his W. Also,if you don't want a squishy champion you can try some of the bruisers.
---
And now, I'm thinking again, isn't there
something we can do about something we can't do anything about?
#4Shadow EdgePosted 12/6/2012 1:27:07 AM(edited)
Which means ability power enhancing items will not help much his Q move?

Ability Power doesn't only "help much" with his Q. It doesn't help at all. Highlight your skills. The (+xxx) shows which stat it scales off.
- Orange - AD
- Green - AP
- Red - Health
- Blue - Mana

Read up his wiki to know what stats he use, but generally speaking you shouldn't build AP on him. Only one skill uses AP and it's used solely for utility.
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Wukong

It also seems that Wukong has near zero magic damage capabilities, this means I'll get wrecked by any character that uses a thorn mail isn't it?

Thornmail only reflects damage from basic attacks, or any ability that applies on-hit effects (like Wukong's Q). Countering Thornmail is a combination of armor penetration, lifesteal and magic resist.

My current strategy is to just rush E and then R directly to their mages, and while most, if not all of the enemy flies up, my teammates attack the squisher ones then lastly kill the tank.

That's what Wukong does. Bruisers dive for the squishies or peel bruisers off your squishies.

I'm also interested in using Vladimir, any suggestions and builds for him? I just want him to be less squishy than my Wukong in teamfights....

Tanky AP. Core items are:
- Sorc Shoes
- Revolver
- Abyssal
- Zhonya
- Rabaddon

Some items to consider:
- Deathfire
- Rylai
- some new S3 item that isn't occurring to me right now.
---
ns
#5TestamentXPosted 12/6/2012 1:29:16 AM
Shadow Edge posted...

Tanky AP. Core items are:
- Sorc Shoes
- Revolver
- Abyssal
- Zhonya
- Rabaddon

Some items to consider:
- Deathfire
- Rylai
- some new S3 item that isn't occurring to me right now.

Also consider Warmog's.
---
http://www.lightsoutgodhelpme.com