Is it too late to start learning this game?

#1MushuPork222Posted 12/6/2012 10:25:33 AM
I wanted to know if I could pick up and learn this game without being too far behind everyone already playing. I played a good deal of Heroes of Newerth, so I know the basic idea behind this game, but I will have to re-learn all the subtleties of different heroes and items.

Will it put me into games with other people who are similarly noob? Or will I just be causing players to rage at me for the first 40 games as I figure out exactly what I'm doing?
---
Go Stanford Class of 2009!
#2jepaanPosted 12/6/2012 10:27:27 AM
It's a pretty easy game to learn, especially if you already know the concept.
---
-
#3thedeadgopherPosted 12/6/2012 10:27:43 AM
You'll be matched with players who are at your level. However there's no real way to avoid the occasional (or frequent, idk how it is now) smurf accounts. But I doubt there are enough of them to ruin it, you should be fine.
---
would you like some of my mushroom tea...
:(
#4Luster_SlyPosted 12/6/2012 10:29:32 AM
The game just changed quite a bit, the preseason is under way, it's actually a pretty good time to get in and learn.
---
http://i.imgur.com/4WWRR.png
#5Master CilanderPosted 12/6/2012 10:37:24 AM
If you could play HoN this game will be almost effortless for you to learn.
---
Neutral but not impartial.
#6VergilkillaPosted 12/6/2012 12:33:37 PM
Just like HoN just worse players all around.
---
"The lions come storming in...the spectacle...begins..."
#7genericname1234Posted 12/6/2012 12:36:02 PM
Luster_Sly posted...
The game just changed quite a bit, the preseason is under way, it's actually a pretty good time to get in and learn.

Pretty much this. The game is in a bit of a state of flux right now where people don't know what an optimal build is anymore. This makes it a bit easier to experiment and start out.
---
"SR'ing is having the RNG abuse you." Deshokun
#8mystermandragonPosted 12/6/2012 12:43:01 PM
perfect time to join, Everybody is starting fresh because of some massive changes to the game.

even if it wasnt during this time, i think the game does a good job of pairing new players with other players of equal skill.

yeah some people will complain about the smurfs but ive introduced my friends to this game and they havent really run into any smurfs because the game is good at weeding them out after they win too many games.
---
Sig won't change until my sister thinks re4 is a good game. number of people who support=9