Games lasting longer in S3?

#1Xano1234Posted 12/6/2012 11:42:05 AM
I noticed some subtle changes in S3. Either I'm getting paired with bads but I feel like games are lasting much longer. I've played 2 games yesterday that were nearly an hour each. That almost never happened before.

I also notice with the defense nerf, everyone dies a lot quicker.
---
Brawl Friend Code: 1547-4883-9310
#2EDumeyPosted 12/6/2012 12:16:36 PM
I also notice with the defense nerf, everyone dies a lot quicker.

This is what has been making games shorter for me.

A lot of 20 minute surrenders because of easy snowballing, and even if they don't, it only takes 10-15 more to clean house.

Actually makes me a little upset, because I'd like a few longer games where I get to play around with full/near-full builds.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#3YengeonPosted 12/6/2012 12:20:59 PM
I've been paired with so many bads. And that isn't just my team. Sure we get stomped but it's also the enemy team doesn't push towers or go for objectives. And so, most of my games have been going longer than normal.
---
#4Camel-RiderPosted 12/6/2012 12:22:09 PM
Games would automatically last longer as a result of the increased passive gold gain.
---
LoL IGN: The Camel Rider
#5VegerunksPosted 12/6/2012 12:59:30 PM
I've noticed less surrenders since S3 started but other than that not really any different match length.
---
Xbox 360 GamerTag: HolyKnight22
PSN: CrimsonDivide
#6YengeonPosted 12/6/2012 1:01:35 PM
Games would automatically last longer as a result of the increased passive gold gain.

Wouldn't last shorter? Because everyone is getting gold quicker it means a quicker build, quicker damage, quicker win?
---
#7FlameLord23Posted 12/6/2012 1:02:21 PM
We had a guy rage quit at 15 minutes. It was our only non-squishy. I fed like a boss (I can't mid lane for the life of me), and we still held to almost 40 minutes.

I think part of it is people wanting to try and extend games now to try out the new items, it will probably go down once people get used to the changes.
---
Violence is never the answer.
Because the answer is always Vlad.
#8sequeezeyPosted 12/6/2012 1:06:13 PM
Vegerunks posted...
I've noticed less surrenders since S3 started but other than that not really any different match length.

Ehh.. I don't like to surrender, because I just want to figure out the game and the items again. I don't pass a surrender vote a lot lately, not because I think we can win, but because I want to work on mechanics. (mostly support with all of these ridiculous actives to remember.)
---
__ +_Sequeezey_+__
_-* *-___-* *-___-* *-_
#9Camel-RiderPosted 12/6/2012 1:19:20 PM
Wouldn't last shorter? Because everyone is getting gold quicker it means a quicker build, quicker damage, quicker win?

No. Assuming both comps are equal, they would be both getting more gold passively. Kill streaks have been nerfed hard too, meaning if you kill someone in lane 3-4 times, they provide you a lot less gold. This prevents people from snowballing in lane as hard.

I got tired of killing a caitlyn in lane with blitz as my support. At a certain point, it wasnt even worth wasting cooldowns on her, because I was getting really crap rewards for killing her. It was pretty low.

So now, that snowball mechanic is gone, and the cait gets gold passively still despite not getting any CS.

Basically, even if you do well in kills personally, the game is going to be closer in S3 than it was in S2.
---
LoL IGN: The Camel Rider
#10Xano1234(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 2:25:19 PM
Seems they last longer because it get with teams that will kill most of the other team and instead of pushing they go jungle or something. Feels like I'm playing with level 15s again.
---
Brawl Friend Code: 1547-4883-9310