Skarner level 1: W or Q nowadays?

#1Chrikke666Posted 12/6/2012 5:16:33 PM
Topic title. Haven't noticed much difference myself, but I've seen some people swear by W.
---
LoL EU West: Sabrewylf
#2ssj98_gotenksPosted 12/6/2012 5:18:12 PM
Q what
---
http://i.imgur.com/qd9BZ.gif
#3AlmightyHamSandwichPosted 12/6/2012 5:22:19 PM(edited)
Uh, Q. Why in God's name would anyone start with W? At best, you'd get 2 extra attacks in before Wolves downed the shield and then you're stuck waiting an obscene amount of time to get it back. Then you have to do Blue with no health left.
---
Miami Heat: 2012 NBA Champions | Torchlight 2: AlmightyHamSandwich
I'm a TWSSted bastard.
#4profDEADPOOLPosted 12/6/2012 5:43:10 PM
Go in a custom game and see whether you clear with more health with W first or Q first.
---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clans
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkeye, Secret Avengers, Gambit, JLD, and Batwing
#5LordMordorPosted 12/6/2012 5:48:55 PM
Nah man, start with E

Q, its always been Q
---
This election year....vote the Dark Lord Sauron
He promises better healthcare and free Rings of Power!
#6TomorrowDogPosted 12/6/2012 5:51:20 PM(edited)
Dealing a steady 40-some AoE damage (plus machete bonus if applicable) every couple seconds should save you more health than a 70 health shield on a long cooldown. Skarner loses the attack speed buff when the shield falls.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#7profDEADPOOLPosted 12/6/2012 5:54:39 PM
Well W first gave me and my rune/mastery set-up a clear time of 3:55 going wolves>blue>Wraiths>Golems>Red. I used all my pots and was at ~235 health after red.

Q first and the same route gave me a time of 3:35 but I ended at ~215 health and was at much lower health when traveling between camps. Yes I did move near the end of killing the wolves to be closer to blue to keep the Q charge.

Both were in custom games where I was the only one doing anything. In both cases you clear time and health would be improved by getting help. I started Machete+5 pots for both.
---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clans
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkeye, Secret Avengers, Gambit, JLD, and Batwing
#8TomorrowDogPosted 12/6/2012 6:02:14 PM
You could just gauge what the difference is after blue buff. When you hit level 2 and have both your performance from that point shouldn't change between the two choices, it just opens up chances for discrepancies.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#9VoidgolemPosted 12/6/2012 6:22:26 PM
I could see the argument in maxing it first, but start Q :S
---
"Assume all cover will explode. And if it doesn't explode, expect aliens to throw grenades in order to fix that"