So they skipped from Zed to Vi?

#21BurnumMasterPosted 12/7/2012 2:32:44 PM
Should have been Vai. Like Steve Vai
---
GT:BurnumMaster
#22PARKSLangPosted 12/9/2012 9:58:59 PM
Vegerunks posted...

That makes no sense seeing as Zed is not pronounced Zee, Vi is pronounced "Vie" but I'm not sure if that would sound like Vee or something else.

So it's a stupid joke until they make a champion named Zee.

hold on there son, zed is the canadian way of saying "z" so it can make sense with a little effort. and no reason Vi isn't pronounced as "Vee". pretty sure Vee-Vee was the most common way of saying vivi from ff9
#23USFPosted 12/9/2012 10:52:32 PM
Shyvana posted...
Isn't one of her quotes, "I put the Vi in violence" or something

It's: "Vi stands for Violence". That doesn't help at all when it comes the actual pronunciation of her name because she also has another quote that goes something like: "Vi is for (Victory)." The reason I put victory in parentheses is because I forget what exact word it was but I remember it sounding like the beginning of victory, as in Vee and not V-eye. Sorry, my best way to explain it. She's basically used quotes that could lead to either pronunciation.

I can check next time I go on the PBE.
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3, LoL, Borderlands 2.
#24link0099Posted 12/9/2012 10:54:12 PM
Nowe242 posted...
Vegerunks posted...
That makes no sense seeing as Zed is not pronounced Zee, Vi is pronounced "Vie" but I'm not sure if that would sound like Vee or something else.

"Z" is pronounced "Zed" in Canada and I'm at least partially sure other countries. Canada I know for a fact though.

And like I said, I have no idea nor care how it's pronounced.

also australia
---
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/graphics-vs.-aesthetics
#25FandomOfRandomPosted 12/9/2012 11:10:17 PM
PARKSLang posted...
Vegerunks posted...

hold on there son, zed is the canadian way of saying "z" so it can make sense with a little effort. and no reason Vi isn't pronounced as "Vee". pretty sure Vee-Vee was the most common way of saying vivi from ff9

Vi like Pi? Like 3.14159?
---
Congratulations! You just lost the game!
www.losethegame.com
#26HabnotPosted 12/9/2012 11:13:16 PM
duffmanslim posted...
314dragonmaster posted...
You're bad at English. Pretty much every English speaking country except MURICA pronounces a solo Z as Zed.

FTFY

New Zealanders have pronounced it as zee before and the original pronunciation shift originated in England.
---
Look, the point is to get him to go to the naked party, not correctly interpret the Bible. - Ridley X.
#27Alpha218Posted 12/9/2012 11:22:40 PM
"Vie". Like "Violet".
---
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae81/Alpha218/alphaqx.png
http://www.gamefaqs.com/564484/b (my secret board) ||| www.lostfacts.net (cool spinoff site)
#28ssj4supervegetaPosted 12/9/2012 11:24:16 PM
They need a damn Q in any champs name.

none of them even have a Q in their name :/
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#29ssj4supervegetaPosted 12/10/2012 12:21:06 AM
duffmanslim posted...
314dragonmaster posted...
You're bad at English. Pretty much every English speaking country except MURICA pronounces a solo Z as Zed.

FTFY

but...why

i mean...that seems so random. every other letter doesnt do that sorta thing, no other letter adds a consonant in the pronunciation, it feels/looks so unnatural.
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#30FlameLord23Posted 12/10/2012 12:24:51 AM
USF posted...
Shyvana posted...
Isn't one of her quotes, "I put the Vi in violence" or something

It's: "Vi stands for Violence". That doesn't help at all when it comes the actual pronunciation of her name because she also has another quote that goes something like: "Vi is for (Victory)." The reason I put victory in parentheses is because I forget what exact word it was but I remember it sounding like the beginning of victory, as in Vee and not V-eye. Sorry, my best way to explain it. She's basically used quotes that could lead to either pronunciation.

I can check next time I go on the PBE.

I don't remember if she has one like that (victory) but I've heard more than just Violence pronounced that way, so I'm pretty sure it is Vi. Vi as in Virture, and Victory is a short i sound, not a long e sound anyway.
---
Violence is never the answer. Because the answer is always Vlad.
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths