Does 5x Black Cleaver really work on Garen?

#11mariokirbyfoxPosted 12/8/2012 8:34:01 AM
I gotta say that for Riven she gets so much more OP late game than you she used to with Black Cleavers now.
Old final build:
Merc Treads, Guardian Angel, 3x Bloodthirster, Last Whisper

New Final Build:
Merc Treads, Guardian Angel, 4x Black Cleaver

Assuming fully stacked Bloodthirsters youre down 140 AD, 40% Armor Pen and a little Armor and MR.
However, she has gained 60 flat armor pen, 30% Armor Reduction, 1000 Health and 40% CDR which more than makes up for the losses.
---
My old signature was deemed offensive to politicians. Now Ill just be offensive to hamsters. Stupid lazy hamsters.
#12profDEADPOOLPosted 12/8/2012 8:37:12 AM
No.

Four cleavers and a bulwark/GA works just fine, though.

---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clans
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkeye, Secret Avengers, Gambit, JLD, and Batwing
#13DottledPosted 12/8/2012 8:41:51 AM
More than 3 is overkill (literally?). It might be fun to see when it's pulled off, but you're just not gonna last long against a competent team. I think on Garen you're better taking 3 cleavers, a maw for the magic resist and some AD, and an atma's gives armor, a good AD boost due to your extra health plus much desired crit for your spin.

This gives you enough defense due to the boost from W, 30% cdr, about 3k health, a lot of armor pen, and 250ish AD, plus crit. I don't think a 4th is worth it.
---
Overused memes disqualify you from conversing with me.
#14_Sociology_Posted 12/8/2012 8:43:21 AM
Yes.

ANything works on low elo
---
Sexo e tao BAO.
Verdade? MHMM.
#15beedtrackerPosted 12/8/2012 8:43:28 AM
Bc got nerfed just now
---
Halo4 is a gothamcityimpostors clone, which is not a good thing at all
Anarchy Reigns is coming for 30 bucks, get hype!
#16mystic belmontPosted 12/8/2012 8:49:59 AM
More than 3 is overkill (literally?). It might be fun to see when it's pulled off, but you're just not gonna last long against a competent team. I think on Garen you're better taking 3 cleavers, a maw for the magic resist and some AD, and an atma's gives armor, a good AD boost due to your extra health plus much desired crit for your spin.

This gives you enough defense due to the boost from W, 30% cdr, about 3k health, a lot of armor pen, and 250ish AD, plus crit. I don't think a 4th is worth it.

Well, if you are playing a tank,, and you reduced all of the opponents armor by 30%, it makes short work for the group.
---
"Freedom was meaningless without ownership and control over one's own body" -Henry McNeal Turner
[Evil Republican]
#17DottledPosted 12/8/2012 8:51:51 AM
mystic belmont posted...

Well, if you are playing a tank,, and you reduced all of the opponents armor by 30%, it makes short work for the group.

You can still do this with 3 cleavers. An AD carry like Trist, Ashe or Vayne could kite him easily so he really needs the defense imo.
---
Overused memes disqualify you from conversing with me.
#18profDEADPOOLPosted 12/8/2012 9:13:05 AM
Bc got nerfed just now

Only on PBE. The nerfs may change. Personally I think the penetration being unique was a good change but reducing the amount of flat pen it gives is overkill.
---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clans
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkeye, Secret Avengers, Gambit, JLD, and Batwing
#19mystic belmontPosted 12/8/2012 9:19:57 AM
You could probably make the reduction passive unique, that would probably fix it.
---
"Freedom was meaningless without ownership and control over one's own body" -Henry McNeal Turner
[Evil Republican]