how to support nami

#1mrich528Posted 12/7/2012 11:38:43 PM
i'm yearning for a new support, and nami seems to be that one. so what do i level first with her to support, who are good match ups for her, i figure i'll just build items like a normal support.

this will all be after i farm up 500 more IP to buy her. xD
---
Current games: GW2: CaptainBojangles. Steam (CSS,TF2,L4D2): randy marsh, LoL: CaptainBojangles
#2deoxxysPosted 12/7/2012 11:46:51 PM
Why would you support nami? shes the one doing the support.
---
Any Goat on a cliff would tell you that..
#3leeland2121Posted 12/7/2012 11:48:16 PM
deoxxys posted...
Why would you support nami? shes the one doing the support.

You arent supposed to DO the support either, You are supposed to be fighting not having sex with women.
#4xngenPosted 12/7/2012 11:53:00 PM
...as a janna main nami is a very comfortable transition
#5MastaOOPSPosted 12/7/2012 11:54:09 PM
Level W for heal/damage combo.
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
#6PoorCountryPosted 12/7/2012 11:58:34 PM(edited)
I put points in the Utility tree until I get increased starting gold, increased gold generation, and a free ward; then at game start, I buy boots, and wait until the minions spawn, when I will quickly generate 5 gold and buy the cheapest mana regen item.

I level my skills in this order:

R > W > E > Q

After a while I build that mana regen thing into Tear of the Goddess or whatever it's called. My next item is the giant's belt and from there I build straight to Rylai's, then Boots of Lucidity, and after that I'll get something like Shurelya's, Archangel's Staff, or Athene's Unholy Grail.

Always keep positioning in mind, and just go nuts casting your spells. When I got the hang of Nami, I was casting spells constantly. I was always out and healing everyone and securing kills (sometimes stealing them). It's a lot of fun.

EDIT: Also, if I get to enchanting my boots, I go for the additional move speed. And remember that your spells speed up whoever they touch. I frequently use E on myself or my team just to cover ground.
#7KirbixPosted 12/7/2012 11:57:26 PM
I put points in the Utility tree until I get increased starting gold, increased gold generation, and a free ward; then at game start, I buy boots, and wait until the minions spawn, when I will quickly generate 5 gold and buy the cheapest mana regen item.

R > W > E > Q

After a while I build that mana regen thing into Tear of the Goddess or whatever it's called. My next item is the giant's belt and from there I build straight to Rylai's, then Boots of Lucidity, and after that I'll get something like Shurelya's, Archangel's Staff, or Athene's Unholy Grail.

Always keep positioning in mind, and just go nuts casting your spells. When I got the hang of Nami, I was casting spells constantly. I was always out and healing everyone and securing kills (sometimes stealing them). It's a lot of fun.

So in other words, you don't play support.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#8PoorCountryPosted 12/7/2012 11:59:17 PM
Kirbix posted...

R > W > E > Q

I think it fits the role closely enough.
#9KirynTheClericPosted 12/8/2012 12:02:19 AM
Kirbix posted...

R > W > E > Q

I think it fits the role closely enough.

Ehh, not really. You're building her AP off of support income, foregoing the vital support items that supports generally build.
---
Mods saying pokemon reproduction topics aren't related to the game is like saying theory-talk isn't allowed, and yet theory-talk IS allowed. Hmm, go figure...
#10KirbixPosted 12/8/2012 12:03:34 AM(edited)
No sightstone, no auras.

Yeah, you're not supporting. You're attempting to be a farmless AP carry. Hell, you don't even start with wards, but instead buy boots & a fairie charm. That's Support 101 that you're missing.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus