how to support nami

#11PoorCountryPosted 12/7/2012 11:08:20 PM
KirynTheCleric posted...
Kirbix posted...
I put points in the Utility tree until I get increased starting gold, increased gold generation, and a free ward; then at game start, I buy boots, and wait until the minions spawn, when I will quickly generate 5 gold and buy the cheapest mana regen item.

I level my skills in this order:

R > W > E > Q

After a while I build that mana regen thing into Tear of the Goddess or whatever it's called. My next item is the giant's belt and from there I build straight to Rylai's, then Boots of Lucidity, and after that I'll get something like Shurelya's, Archangel's Staff, or Athene's Unholy Grail.

Always keep positioning in mind, and just go nuts casting your spells. When I got the hang of Nami, I was casting spells constantly. I was always out and healing everyone and securing kills (sometimes stealing them). It's a lot of fun.

So in other words, you don't play support.

I think it fits the role closely enough.

Ehh, not really. You're building her AP off of support income, foregoing the vital support items that supports generally build.

My attention isn't really on the AP aspect of the items, but on the regen, mana-building, slow and health attributes. It's more of an off-AP thing, because the AP is particularly useful for enhancing my healing spell. Also, I don't know what items you're referring to as "vital" for supports, and if they're vital, I don't know why you said "generally build" afterward. Sounds more like a norm than a necessity to me.

Have to say that I don't play ranked, though. This is what I've been doing in normals. I don't know how viable it is in ranked.
#12PoorCountryPosted 12/7/2012 11:10:54 PM
Kirbix posted...
No sightstone, no auras.

Yeah, you're not supporting. You're attempting to be a farmless AP carry. Hell, you don't even start with wards, but instead buy boots & a fairie charm. That's Support 101 that you're missing.

I'm not attempting to be a carry, and I do start with a ward -- I get it for free, and then I buy wards on recall. Didn't think I'd need to say that since everyone should be buying them regardless of role.
#13Village IdiotPosted 12/7/2012 11:12:51 PM
If you're maxing W first, she needs mana really, really badly or she ooms way too fast.

Even a Flask + Philo can barely keep up with its mana cost.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#14ScrubaduckyPosted 12/8/2012 6:06:05 AM
R>Q>W>E

Leveling Q reduces cooldown on her OP AOE STUN. get CD reduction boots and it will be 8.5sec cd. if you land your bubble= easy kill for adc if they are aggressive enough. I use the nami LoLpro guide with great success, but build support auras depending on what the jungle makes. Her E magic damage buff scales poorly with her AP (0.2) and falls off. The slow is nice from her W but her Q and W are more useful.
---
ps3 clan: redsoldiersyndicate.com
PSN: ScRuB_a_DuB_nUb
#15_HeXPosted 12/8/2012 6:07:47 AM
Scrubaducky posted...
R>Q>W>E

Leveling Q reduces cooldown on her OP AOE STUN. get CD reduction boots and it will be 8.5sec cd. if you land your bubble= easy kill for adc if they are aggressive enough. I use the nami LoLpro guide with great success, but build support auras depending on what the jungle makes. Her E magic damage buff scales poorly with her AP (0.2) and falls off. The slow is nice from her W but her Q and W are more useful.

rofl no.

R>W>E>Q

You don't need to spam her Q, you wait for a perfect opportunity and nail it = gg
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#16DeanyzyPosted 12/8/2012 6:13:42 AM
I always grab a Chalice when playing as Nami, it builds into Mikael's which is awesome anyway and it just really helps with her mana issues.
#17rpvarelaPosted 12/8/2012 7:22:01 AM
I like getting Q at level 1 but maxing it last. Similar to Taric's stun.

QWE ---> R > W > E > Q

It's working for me, at least.
---
One Chryssalid is all it takes...
#18OximofoPosted 12/8/2012 7:23:59 AM
MastaOOPS posted...
Level W for heal/damage combo.

W = legendary OOOPS KS'er.
---
Legendary Loser GT: Oximofo9 PSN: oximofo9
http://i53.tinypic.com/2969fq.jpg
#19Dodge_This808Posted 12/8/2012 7:51:42 AM
QWE > R>E>W>Q has been working out for me swimmingly.
---
http://www.ohmagif.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/dat-ass-gangnam-style.gif http://www.miscupload.com/upload/452457071929141623517416.gif