Does this make you change your mind that esports can be a thing?

#21VegerunksPosted 12/8/2012 1:46:15 AM
ikilledkenny2 posted...
Vegerunks posted...
Competitive Strategy "esports" can be a thing but i doubt the other ones will ever be.

Strategy games bring so much entertainment because you never now what someone might do next, fighting games, fps, racing none of those games bring as much entertainment or extra knowledge for that game when you're watching them.

Most good fighters are much more competitive than lol :x

They're more competitive yes, but more entertaining to WATCH? Hell no. Fighting games are pretty boring Every fight looks like the same the only tension is who's going to win but with how short matches are there's not even that much tension.

Strategy games like Starcraft and LoL have hour long matches and can have you on edge the whole game if both teams are good.
---
Xbox 360 GamerTag: HolyKnight22
PSN: CrimsonDivide
#22IseleyPosted 12/8/2012 2:01:01 AM
I didn't even realize there were bars that streamed games. Could it be a thing? Probably only in larger cities. You're likely not going to see it happen in a city of about 30,000 people where regular sports bars are common though.
---
--=*Proud supporter of LGBT rights*=--
It's Ashley or Ash, not bro, or son, or man.
#23gkh5Posted 12/8/2012 2:04:05 AM
...Anaheim...what bar is that?
---
LoL IGN: alpha10
#24XialohPosted 12/8/2012 2:06:57 AM
The picture does nothing to change my opinion, but I do find SC2 incredibly entertaining to watch. I played the game for a few months, got to gold, gave up pretty quickly, but watching SC2 matches was incredibly entertaining. Lots of stuff going on, lots of ways to completely turn a game around by surprise. Everything comes down to who's the better strategist (and who knows how to click the right things faster, I suppose).

I find this game more fun to play, considerably less fun to watch. There just doesn't seem to be nearly as much strategy involved, far less game deciding moments. Then again, I haven't seen a pro level game yet. Possibly related, but I doubt it makes much difference.

And LoL seems to lack a Day9..
---
"Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be." - Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game
#25MwarriorHieiPosted 12/8/2012 2:12:07 AM
Competitive Strategy "esports" can be a thing but i doubt the other ones will ever be.

Strategy games bring so much entertainment because you never now what someone might do next, fighting games, fps, racing none of those games bring as much entertainment or extra knowledge for that game when you're watching them.

wat
---
o.o
#26singhellotakuPosted 12/8/2012 5:04:54 AM
No it just makes the concept of E-Sports more pathetic, sports must be physically based, becoming a chess grandmaster is incredibly impressive, but its not a sport, nascar is not a sport, etc

pro gaming is mental not physical and thus not a sport.
#27FreshSushiPosted 12/8/2012 5:06:50 AM
Vegerunks posted...
ikilledkenny2 posted...
Vegerunks posted...

They're more competitive yes, but more entertaining to WATCH? Hell no. Fighting games are pretty boring Every fight looks like the same the only tension is who's going to win but with how short matches are there's not even that much tension.

Strategy games like Starcraft and LoL have hour long matches and can have you on edge the whole game if both teams are good.

It's like a pickle learned how to type and then started giving it's opinion about fighting games.
---
DARK SOULS II WOOOOOTTTTT!!!!!!!!
"We want it to be as popular as Elder Scrolls"...-__________-
#28FreshSushiPosted 12/8/2012 5:15:30 AM
singhellotaku posted...
No it just makes the concept of E-Sports more pathetic, sports must be physically based, becoming a chess grandmaster is incredibly impressive, but its not a sport, nascar is not a sport, etc

pro gaming is mental not physical and thus not a sport.

This definition is complete nonsense. You move your hands in every single one of your examples. The idea that the chemical processes that drive your mind are somehow not physical is just lunacy. It's actually pretty insulting to traditional sports as well given the strategy involved in pretty much all of them.
---
DARK SOULS II WOOOOOTTTTT!!!!!!!!
"We want it to be as popular as Elder Scrolls"...-__________-
#29AeciooPosted 12/8/2012 5:59:24 AM
Vegerunks posted...
ikilledkenny2 posted...
Vegerunks posted...

this is your opinion

and it's wrong
---
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcb35gGx0t1qailr4o1_500.gif
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=57N0YAEJ
#30ssj98_gotenksPosted 12/8/2012 6:04:14 AM
Like Sushi and Hiei. That was so stupid. Like. What.

Barcrafts have been around for so long. Diorte go outside.

Esports bave been around for longer wtd