Remember when people thought Ezreal was bad?

#1ForgettablePosted 12/8/2012 7:12:50 AM
Then Phreak introduced the idea of maxing W instead of Q, which made him really good. Then W got nerfed and people are now maxing Q over W again, but his numbers are more or less the same as when he was considered bad, yet now Ezreal is considered really good.
#2gfshynoblPosted 12/8/2012 7:13:28 AM
sheep.
---
EL fudge Mph:Africabot LoL:africabot
#3HabnotPosted 12/8/2012 7:14:28 AM
Actually, I remember a guy coming here a few months before Phreak ever mentioned that and told us that maxing W was way better than maxing Q. Everyone laughed at him and called him dumb. Pinkuu later (in GameFAQs chat or on here, I forget) stated he hated that W bot lane because it would make the difference in fights.
---
Look, the point is to get him to go to the naked party, not correctly interpret the Bible. - Ridley X.
#4Dark_Luna3Posted 12/8/2012 7:24:11 AM
Same thing happened with Cass.
Same thing happened with Malphite.
Same thing happened with Kayle.

Same thing will happen to Viktor and Sejuani.

'Minor buffs' are enough to randomly convince people that a champion is good (and vice versa). Not for any legitimate reason, but community is just... strange like that.

And then everyone is like "I knew they were great all along!!!!11". Pffff.
#5KeepItCivilPosted 12/8/2012 7:25:54 AM
Dark_Luna3 posted...

'Minor buffs' are enough to randomly convince people that a champion is good (and vice versa). Not for any legitimate reason, but community is just... strange like that.

Cass was not minor though. She had to eat like, what, 5 buffs?
---
Kill dangerous wildlife and wear it as a hat.
#6themagicpainmanPosted 12/8/2012 7:26:33 AM
I thought it was more that a lot of other ADs got nerfed along with his tiny W mana cost reduction.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#7OximofoPosted 12/8/2012 7:27:28 AM
Dark_Luna3 posted...

Too be honest people got pissed they spread out Kayle's damage. It was hard to take away godmode. I don't think anyone thought Kayle was bad, just didn't have 1v5 late game.
---
Legendary Loser GT: Oximofo9 PSN: oximofo9
http://i53.tinypic.com/2969fq.jpg
#8Dark_Luna3Posted 12/8/2012 7:33:20 AM(edited)
KeepItCivil posted...
Dark_Luna3 posted...

I suppose, but even after those buffs, everyone thought she was mediocre. And most of those 'buffs' were bugfixes.

It was like April 2011 she got her last set of changes. It took people 6 months to realise she was good.

I recall posting about her in summer 2011 and everyone was calling her outclassed. Almost everyone. You know why it was 'almost everyone'? Hive-mind.

I thought it was more that a lot of other ADs got nerfed along with his tiny W mana cost reduction.

Hmm. Aside from Graves, not many ADCs got nerfed really. Cait/MF have been receiving buffs for ages for example. Even Ashe got some changes a long while ago. Corki went unnoticed for a long time as well.

Even if you to look before Grave's release, It was pretty much Vayne+Cait+Ashe. I guess Vayne is another one that got toned down.
#9Sid_IcarusPosted 12/8/2012 7:32:44 AM
At the time, he was outclassed by a lot of other carries. Then they started getting nerfed, which helped in letting him shine.
---
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Lol IGN- ThatKillerBenoit
#10KeepItCivilPosted 12/8/2012 7:33:57 AM
Dark_Luna3 posted...
KeepItCivil posted...
Dark_Luna3 posted...

I suppose, but even after those buffs, everyone thought she was mediocre. And most of those 'buffs' were bugfixes.

It was like April 2011 she got her last set of changes. It took people 6 months to realise she was good.

I recall posting about her in summer 2011 and everyone was calling her outclassed. Almost everyone. You know why it was 'almost everyone'? Hive-mind.

Important bugfixes. Do you remember how much problems there were with the ult? "Bugged ult" was one of the biggest reasons people answered when asked Why Not Cass. That, and I can't quite remember which mages were in fashion at the time, which may have had an influence too.
---
Kill dangerous wildlife and wear it as a hat.