Riot games removing more content in attempt to make a better game.

#61The-World-SevenPosted 12/8/2012 11:25:47 AM
The only people I could possibly see sex appeal in fantasy characters as a problem for are girls who want to see themselves as beautiful - but can't, or guys who sympathize with them.

While that's really sad and all, there's no reason to lower the standards of a hot female fantasy character to assuage someone's insecurities.
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#62_Krave_Posted 12/8/2012 11:28:14 AM
The point remains.

They are removing bits of content.

It doesn't matter what it is, it's the principal.
---
Fascination ends
#63FreshSushiPosted 12/8/2012 11:30:06 AM
The-World-Seven posted...
The only people I could possibly see sex appeal in fantasy characters as a problem for are men who have mommy issues or teens who live with there parents and don't wanna be embarrassed by the constant stream of boobage on their monitors

---
DARK SOULS II WOOOOOTTTTT!!!!!!!!
"We want it to be as popular as Elder Scrolls"...-__________-
#64Fire_AwayPosted 12/8/2012 11:33:37 AM
The-World-Seven posted...
The only people I could possibly see sex appeal in fantasy characters as a problem for are girls who want to see themselves as beautiful - but can't, or guys who sympathize with them.

While that's really sad and all, there's no reason to lower the standards of a hot female fantasy character to assuage someone's insecurities.

There's really a lot more to it than that, though, and it goes deeper than Rioto just pandering to some insecure person. I get that maybe that's as far as you can see it - I was the same way for a long time, disregarding issues like misogyny in video games because they had no actual impact on me (or so I thought).

I could get into this but I don't want to bore if you don't really want to know - if you do, there's plenty of writing out there about the subject.

The funny thing about this is that if they made a black Gragas skin whose primary method of attack was throwing watermelons at people, no one would making a topic like "RIOT GAMES REMOVING CONTENT", but because it's something that could be offensive/problematic to female players people are getting all upset and calling it unnecessary.
---
Now playing: League Of Legends (FireAwayX), Planescape: Torment, Dungeon Defenders (PC), Guild Wars 2 (Floralei/Crownbird)
#65The-World-SevenPosted 12/8/2012 11:34:37 AM
This is a new account and I can't edit my posts yet, so I have to create this in a new one.

There's also the group of people, men and women, who morally object to the objectification of women as 'sex objects'. I could definitely see how sexy fantasy female characters would put these people in a moral uproar.

However, these attitudes are a little outdated in that the sexualization of women isn't widely regarded today as sexual objectification. Today, men and women alike enjoy feeling sexy and showing it. In sexual portrayals or performances, they don't feel like sex objects. They feel like sexy people.
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#66_Krave_Posted 12/8/2012 11:35:49 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#67Fire_AwayPosted 12/8/2012 11:36:07 AM
I'm not implying there's anything innately wrong with women or men being sexual, although I think denying that objectification isn't a widespread problem - especially on the internet might be a little out there.
---
Now playing: League Of Legends (FireAwayX), Planescape: Torment, Dungeon Defenders (PC), Guild Wars 2 (Floralei/Crownbird)
#68BarrenitePosted 12/8/2012 11:36:12 AM
It's hilarious because the majority of actual females like things like that in games.
---
Elise is my waifu! Hands off!
#69FreshSushiPosted 12/8/2012 11:37:21 AM
Barrenite posted...
It's hilarious because the majority of actual females like things like that in games.

Right. W/e you say.
---
DARK SOULS II WOOOOOTTTTT!!!!!!!!
"We want it to be as popular as Elder Scrolls"...-__________-
#70Fire_AwayPosted 12/8/2012 11:37:25 AM
Barrenite posted...

[citation needed]
---