League tournaments

#1ForsakenhotcPosted 12/8/2012 10:06:10 AM
i'm confused i haven't been playing league super long so i am wondering how you and your team make it to higher class tournaments? i see the deadline and i'm like ok, but do you have to travel places for tournaments or is it online? cuz that could definetly cripple people who can't travel
---
PSN: UlquiorrasHeir
#2Nowe242Posted 12/8/2012 10:10:03 AM
Pretty sure you have to go there and play on the rigs they set up, just so they know you're not cheating and watching the stream or doing random whatever.

As for getting in, bump your team up to a rather high ELO and I'm guessing there should be a register team form somewhere.

Prepare to put in grueling hours to get good, or get completely crushed though.
---
I'm very passionate about my Scrolls.
I love the way they feel against my skin in the moonlight.
#3Forsakenhotc(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 10:24:34 AM
Nowe242 posted...
Pretty sure you have to go there and play on the rigs they set up, just so they know you're not cheating and watching the stream or doing random whatever.

As for getting in, bump your team up to a rather high ELO and I'm guessing there should be a register team form somewhere.

Prepare to put in grueling hours to get good, or get completely crushed though.

oh i'm not thinking of competing i have no team i was just wondering because it seems rather pointless to waste cash to go to these low income tournaments that could be far away just to lose and go no where
---
#4Nowe242Posted 12/8/2012 10:28:55 AM
Forsakenhotc posted...
oh i'm not thinking of competing i have no team i was just wondering because it seems rather pointless to waste cash to go to these low income tournaments that could be far away just to lose and go no where

Well, if you can do well, you usually hit the pro scene and go to, like, all of them.

With sponsors paying for your travels and rooming.

And the pro scene actually makes a nice income if you can consistently place well.
---
I'm very passionate about my Scrolls.
I love the way they feel against my skin in the moonlight.
#5RydethetigerPosted 12/8/2012 10:34:06 AM
To play in the professional competitive scene, you need to be insanely good. Hours upon hours every day (thinking 8+) playing WITH your team, to devise strats, counters, and really theory craft down to the core of each champ/build/comp.

IF however you and the team you play with are ready for that, there are multiple ways that you can get into higher echelon tournaments.

There are different internet hosted tournaments from companies that reward low cash prize, but have the chance to bring sponsor attention. Get yourself on board with a sponsor and they can help you ALOT.

Playing in the TSM tourneys can get you some major recognition if you are good. You really need to network with some of the higher players, and if you are consistently playing with members of the pro scene in solo que, they will recognize your name. Its partially about who you know. Just look for exposure, like the Path to pro tourney, or stuff like the alienware arena
---
Was your old GM just RPing a pms-ing chick? Tell her to play OOC bro...OOC BRO!!!!!!!
#6Forsakenhotc(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 11:46:44 AM
Rydethetiger posted...
To play in the professional competitive scene, you need to be insanely good. Hours upon hours every day (thinking 8+) playing WITH your team, to devise strats, counters, and really theory craft down to the core of each champ/build/comp.

IF however you and the team you play with are ready for that, there are multiple ways that you can get into higher echelon tournaments.

There are different internet hosted tournaments from companies that reward low cash prize, but have the chance to bring sponsor attention. Get yourself on board with a sponsor and they can help you ALOT.

Playing in the TSM tourneys can get you some major recognition if you are good. You really need to network with some of the higher players, and if you are consistently playing with members of the pro scene in solo que, they will recognize your name. Its partially about who you know. Just look for exposure, like the Path to pro tourney, or stuff like the alienware arena

alright well why don't all these players in 2k+ elo try to go pro? is it that large a gap or what?
---
#7CheezWhizXPosted 12/8/2012 1:41:08 PM
Forsakenhotc posted...

alright well why don't all these players in 2k+ elo try to go pro? is it that large a gap or what?

Because the gap between 2k ELO and a professional is insane to the point where the professional team can troll and still godstomp random 2k ELO teams.

Not to mention 2k ELO isn't exactly a good indicator of skill either. Solo Queue allstars like xHazzard and Pobelter are stuck on second-rate teams, ForellanLord (who is the first person to reach 3000 ELO) is on a trash team, Moscow 5 picked up Diamondprox who was a 1800 ELO jungler at the time and now he's regarded as the world's best jungler, etc.
---
I sense a disturbance in the force.
PKMN Diamond FC: 0560 6381 4898