Jungle Elise

#1BattleRoyalRedyPosted 12/8/2012 2:51:16 PM
So I have a fair amount of ip and I'm looking to pick up a new champ. I play mostly jungle and am getting a little bored with the some of the champs I have now. Elise looks like fun and I know she got a few buffs not long ago, is she viable in the jungle?

It looks like her kit has a moderately high skill cap but is she even worth picking up let alone learning her ins and outs?
#2Neo_PortaPottyPosted 12/8/2012 2:54:22 PM
I preffer tanky ap top with her q op vs melee
---
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
#3Luigy2693Posted 12/8/2012 2:59:37 PM
She can deffinetly jungle. Her spiderlings can tank camps now. I usually end up with half hp after clearing the whole jungle blue first then just go down the line (or up if you are purple side)

There are better junglers though, i much prefer her mid.
#4BattleRoyalRedy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 3:00:25 PM
Neo_PortaPotty posted...
I preffer tanky ap top with her q op vs melee

True, I know her home seems to be an ap top more often than not yet there is viability in the jungle correct? Her kit looks well suited for it I've just never seen any jungle Elise so I'm wondering if there is a real reason for that.
#5Luigy2693Posted 12/8/2012 3:03:13 PM
Id say shes pretty viable in the jungle, but better suited in lane. Shes got a pretty good kit for ganking
#6BattleRoyalRedy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 3:03:28 PM
Luigy2693 posted...
She can deffinetly jungle. Her spiderlings can tank camps now. I usually end up with half hp after clearing the whole jungle blue first then just go down the line (or up if you are purple side)

There are better junglers though, i much prefer her mid.

Well, she would be a jungler I would use just to have some fun with. If I wanted to put the super tryhard pants on I would go with a Mao/Shyv/Skarner/Mundo. I'm just looking for some opinions on if shes viable. Ofc shes not optimal, but I'm curious to know if anyone uses her in the jungle and what they had to say about her clears/ganks
#7BattleRoyalRedy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 3:05:22 PM
Also I'm open to suggestions for just kind of out of the ordinary 'fun' junglers. Doesn't have to be Elise I guess. I just love her aesthetic so much that it's hard for me not to contemplate getting her. Maybe Kha'zix could be better suited?
#8EDumeyPosted 12/8/2012 3:17:31 PM
Problem with Elise Jungle is that her play style is far more suited to spending a couple cool downs to poke down an enemy before trying to actually commit to a fight. This means that you have to rely on the lane you're ganking to actually initiate and start some damage before you show yourself and clean up, which is a dangerous responsibility to give laners in solo queue.

If you want a fun AP assassin jungle, I actually recommend the recent FotM Diana. She's somewhat of a non issue pre-6, but once she has ult , she can make ganks work entirely of her own merit, and can snowball hard enough to carry a team.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#9TheNeoArcadianPosted 12/8/2012 3:29:57 PM
Jungle Diana.

I just love it.
---
psn: theneoarcadian
If only P4Golden was available on the PS3... :'[
#10BattleRoyalRedy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 5:43:57 PM
I was thinking Diana as well, I just fear she's gonna get nerfed into oblivion due to everything at ipl5. I do own her though and enjoyed her the few times I played her awhile back.