Soraka Starburner?

#1Kirin80Posted 12/8/2012 9:00:21 PM
I tend to main Soraka pretty often, and I'm decent with her. I don't do the usual "no farm, gp5, stick to healing" Soraka. I spam the heck out of Starcall, max Infuse first/heal last, and take Flash/Exhaust for the most part. My last few games as Soraka were 3/4/19, 1/2/16, 4/7/21.

I'm trying to come up with a decent build for her. I tend to rush Liandry's for my Starcall spam, then boots depending on the circumstances (tending towards Captain Upgrade). I've been tinkering with Rylai's to proc with her mask.

Ideas? Concepts? Criticism?
#2WyrmcraftPosted 12/8/2012 9:04:48 PM
You are the reason I hate botlane.
---
Carpe Diem, Memento Mori
Take my hand and on dark wings we shall fly away from this corrupt place. Together we will experience the world as it was meant to be
#3mrg59Posted 12/8/2012 9:05:18 PM
Building ap on soraka is fine, I even reccomend it as her ratios are pretty good, and her heals are wtflolbbq. But. DO. NOT. TAKE. FARM. At least not from your adc. If you're alone to clear a wave go ahead. Do not take farm from your adc. This is how you lose games as a support.
#4KirbixPosted 12/8/2012 9:07:16 PM
Building ap on soraka is fine, I even reccomend it as her ratios are pretty good, and her heals are wtflolbbq. But. DO. NOT. TAKE. FARM. At least not from your adc. If you're alone to clear a wave go ahead. Do not take farm from your adc. This is how you lose games as a support.

And how does one do that when they're spamming starcall? It's designed to kill minions, and does it exceedingly well.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#5Kirin80(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 9:10:28 PM
mrg59 posted...

Except... that I don't play her as support,, and my team generally wins.
#6ExalxPosted 12/8/2012 10:13:55 PM
Going mid as AP Soraka and spamming Q defeats the point of spamming Q.
You shred magic resist so your AP carry can blow everything up. But if you're the AP carry, then who's gonna burst them down with their lowered magic resist? You'll notice you have a lot more assists than kills.

I wonder why.
---
Monster Hunter Tri: Exalx (2ZFG9Y) HR:130+
#7CovenantPosted 12/9/2012 12:28:36 AM
AP Soraka is not viable in anything but the lowest levels of play. You should stop playing her in that role if you intend to do well in this game.

That having been said, AP Soraka builds the traditional tanky AP items because the only way she can actually deal damage to a fight is to stand near people for a very long time. RoA, Hourglass, Abyssal, then build straight tank/cdr.
#8TomorrowDogPosted 12/12/2012 4:13:24 PM
Exalx posted...
Going mid as AP Soraka and spamming Q defeats the point of spamming Q.
You shred magic resist so your AP carry can blow everything up. But if you're the AP carry, then who's gonna burst them down with their lowered magic resist? You'll notice you have a lot more assists than kills.

I wonder why.

<_< Lots of champions deal magic damage besides AP carries. The AP is probably going to unload his initial big combo before you've done much Starfalling anyways.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert