Doran blades are useless...

#11xRustySpoonPosted 12/9/2012 6:25:53 AM(edited)
xRustySpoon posted...
it's a waste of gold to get more than 2 dorans blades

And how is this different than before.

I just explained.... are you dense?

I am asking you how getting more than 2 Doran's Blades and it being a waste last season is different than getting 2 Doran's Blades and it being a waste this* season.
---
Get destroyed.
GT/Steam: xRustySpoon Follow these tips and you'll be fraggin' like a pro.
#12BiglabronPosted 12/9/2012 6:25:19 AM(edited)
xRustySpoon posted...
xRustySpoon posted...

I am asking you how getting more than 2 Doran's Blades and it being a waste last season is different than getting 2 Doran's Blades and it being a waste last season.

As I said I have already explained it. % lifesteal stays with you scaling even into post 30minutes where you have an IE/Phantom bought while saving up for your BT/GA/LW whichever item you want.

% is always scaling and is always more useful than flat 5 health. It was a direct nerf to lifesteal in general, same reason why they put longsword into the vamp scepter build. It also was the only dorans item to offer % stats which indefinitely scale based on your stats.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#13xRustySpoonPosted 12/9/2012 6:28:31 AM
xRustySpoon posted...
xRustySpoon posted...

I am asking you how getting more than 2 Doran's Blades and it being a waste last season is different than getting 2 Doran's Blades and it being a waste last season.

As I said I have already explained it. % lifesteal stays with you scaling even into post 30minutes where you have an IE/Phantom bought while saving up for your BT/GA/LW whichever item you want.

% is always scaling and is always more useful than flat 5 health. It was a direct nerf to lifesteal in general, same reason why they put longsword into the vamp scepter build. It also was the only dorans item to offer % stats which indefinitely scale based on your stats.

I don't think you're understanding what part of your argument I'm picking at here. You said it's a waste to get more than 2 Doran's Blades now, as if it wasn't a waste last season or something.
---
Get destroyed.
#14BiglabronPosted 12/9/2012 6:30:52 AM
I perfectly get it, what you don't realize is that the same situation stands. There is even less of a reason now than before. You are poking at a piece of information from an angle that offers you very little flip. Did you want a "haha"?
---
#15kourkourPosted 12/9/2012 6:32:10 AM
xRustySpoon posted...
xRustySpoon posted...

I don't think you're understanding what part of your argument I'm picking at here. You said it's a waste to get more than 2 Doran's Blades now, as if it wasn't a waste last season or something.

It wasn't apparently. I personally didn't do it, cause I had to rush my big items but I see m5 and whatnot doing triple doran's on ashe etc.
---
"stereotypical internet guy" -Fuzzy_Blanket
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/kourkour/xcluded.jpg
#16BiglabronPosted 12/9/2012 6:43:15 AM(edited)
correct kor, sometimes triple dorans blade in season 2 offered you roughly a total of 12% lifesteal in which you could sit on until post 30 minutes after you have farmed out the IE/phantom required to start hurting with ashe. You then could sit on the 3 blades until you have enough to buy a BT if you were to sell the 3 blades.

% was always scaling no matter what, far more valuable then than now the item is.

Note on someone like ashe you are not building a trinity so grabbing a longsword or health crystal isn't in your build, its either double dorans with a vamp scepter or triple dorans. the triple dorans means that much more last hits over a game that is expected to last 30min+. If all 3 blades are bought in the same trip on the first B then that sets you up for more farming with less backing. % still scaling into team fights 30minutes and beyond.

Lane dominance can be won as well by doing a triple dorans choice. I've completely destroyed mid lane by outright buying 3 dorans rings in my first B around lvl 6. the mana allows for more harassment as well as 45 ap with flat health to out trade with. Investing 250 gold could mean forcing your opponent completely out of lane during lane phase in the first backing.
---
#17xRustySpoonPosted 12/9/2012 6:38:23 AM
xRustySpoon posted...

It wasn't apparently. I personally didn't do it, cause I had to rush my big items but I see m5 and whatnot doing triple doran's on ashe etc.

There are very few scenarios in which I think you could actually justify getting 3. I could list them, but it comes down to simply not having enough inventory space. You'd just end up selling a doran's to make room before it really did anything for you.

This season is pretty much the same as last season.
---
Get destroyed.
#18DeleveleDPosted 12/9/2012 7:04:47 AM
There are many reasons why Irelia was nerfed, and this is one of those reasons, flat HP heal 2 gud.

Now you can be Irelia, without actually being Irelia! Minus the True Damage and pretty much the rest of her kit.

Better nerf Irelia.
---
The statement below is false.
The statement above is true.
#19kourkourPosted 12/9/2012 7:20:06 AM
xRustySpoon posted...

There are very few scenarios in which I think you could actually justify getting 3. I could list them, but it comes down to simply not having enough inventory space. You'd just end up selling a doran's to make room before it really did anything for you.

This season is pretty much the same as last season.

Poster above you explained it nicely.
---
"stereotypical internet guy" -Fuzzy_Blanket
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/kourkour/xcluded.jpg
#20Gun SagePosted 12/9/2012 7:33:13 AM
Vamp sceptre now gives damage, so after your 2nd Doran you can buy the Greaves (Like pretty much everyone does) and then a vamp sceptre and be just fine. Most players I saw bought a Vamp sceptre if they couldn't afford a BF Sword for their IE or BT anyway (I rush BT on pretty much every carry now... Sustain + Consistency > Random extreme amounts of damage in my book, since the RNG hates me and gives me 8 crits in a row on minions, then no crits for 12 attacks in a teamfight with >60% crit chance... wooo)

So not useless at all, they just don't scale well into late game... Which really, they didn't before. You were better off putting a piece of your PD, IE, or BT in those slots by late game than you were leaving a Doran's in there. They don't build into anything for a reason, they're good early game items that fall off pretty drastically post 15 minutes, which is around the time you start to sell them off for your better items.
---
Now these points of data make a beautiful line, and we're out of beta we're releasing on time! So I'm glad I got burned, think of all the things we learned!