My S3 Akali Guide

#1superninja312Posted 12/9/2012 7:01:51 AM
Hello everyone, I've just made a guide for Akali on the new Champion Guide Creator on LoLKing.net. If it isn't too much trouble can you rate it and tell me if there are any problems?
Thanks.

http://www.lolking.net/guides/preview/25801

Now I know I may not be the best player to be writing a guide, but I've played a good amount of Akali and have a somewhat good understanding of her workings.
---
Playin that Reague o' Regends
#2HibyehiPosted 12/9/2012 7:07:14 AM
I know the order is probably obvious, but what would really help is the core build order. I know most of the time it is situational, but its always good to have a base order.
---
why does everyone always underestimate mickey?
Who does this? He's like the Yoda of KH, when his ass shows up you better check yo self. - DrunkBeardGuy
#3superninja312(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 7:11:57 AM
I think I included the build order in the Author Notes under the Item Section.
---
#4HibyehiPosted 12/9/2012 7:12:51 AM
Sorry! I just did a quick glance! Good guide, especially since i JUST got Akali. :)
---
why does everyone always underestimate mickey?
Who does this? He's like the Yoda of KH, when his ass shows up you better check yo self. - DrunkBeardGuy
#5superninja312(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 7:16:18 AM
It's alright. Enjoy Akali! In HotshotGG's words, She's fast and fun, like dominion.
---
#6kirbymuncherPosted 12/9/2012 7:16:24 AM
The first and last lines in the author's notes about skills are being cut off... I guess they're too long or something?

Also I always thought akali was a mid, but that's a different sort of comment entrely
---
THIS IS WHAT I HATE A BOUT EVREY WEBSITE!! THERES SO MUCH PEOPLE READING AND POSTING STUIPED STUFF
#7superninja312(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 7:18:43 AM
Edit: I fixed it, thanks for telling me.
---
#8kirbymuncherPosted 12/9/2012 7:18:53 AM
also more detail on matchups would be nice
---
THIS IS WHAT I HATE A BOUT EVREY WEBSITE!! THERES SO MUCH PEOPLE READING AND POSTING STUIPED STUFF
#9DualitypainPosted 12/9/2012 7:29:36 AM
Akali can be played mid, top, and (with a bit of experimenting of mine) jungle. If you really want to make this a dedicated guide about ehr, you need to include at least her mid role and match ups.

Also, a build I enjoy more than the standard glass cannon akali is tanky AP. She has fairly good base damages, base CDs and AP ratios to get away with it, plus you all but eliminated to dieing to one hard CC and lower your chance to get focused since you'll be harder to bring down.

A standard akali page (with your choice of health per level or flat armor yellows) can work with it, as well as a standard akali mastery page.

Items I tend to go with either merc treads (against CC heavy teams) or sorc boots (low to no CC). I grab a revolver and sit on it then rush a rylai's for the health. From their I pick up either abyssal's (good item even if you're not going full tanky AP) or zhonya's or both. Depends on the enemy team. GA works really well with this.

Your revolver can be built into either a WotA or a Gunblade. If you're banking cash then pick up Gunblade. If you're not then WotA is still a nice and cheap upgrade.

If you insist on picking up a full damage items other than WotA/Gunblade, then go for a rabadon's over Lich Bane.

Just remember. When you build Tanky AP, you're basically picking up defenses to do more damage. The longer you live, the more damage you can do. Since you can get off a total of 7 ult charges in a fight (3 start, 4 from kills and assist, then 1 left over from final kill) you want to be able to survive the fight.

Of course, you still shouldn't go in a fight with reckless abandonment. You should still skirt around the edge of a fight and wait for a good time to go in. This build just makes you a bit beefier, while still being able to kill the AD carry in an instant.
---
LoL IGN: Mr Microwave
#10ritz2Posted 12/9/2012 8:09:14 AM
W is generally more useful than E so max that second
---
http://i.imgur.com/UaixE.jpg