everyone stfu the cleaver and Brutalizer nerfs are all deserved

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. everyone stfu the cleaver and Brutalizer nerfs are all deserved
3 years ago#21
Does someone have the post Morello made about that? I need a good laugh.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
3 years ago#22
uh what nerfs?
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
3 years ago#23
themagicpainman posted...
Does someone have the post Morello made about that? I need a good laugh.

This
---
It's more than good, it's alive!
Warning: May contain stone hat pieces http://i28.tinypic.com/55gw9h.jpg
3 years ago#24
People are complaining? I've only seen people talking about how much they're enjoying it before its inevitably nerfed, maybe I don't lurk enough :c
---
Eh
3 years ago#25
Voidgolem posted...
Negatron lost 3 MR, and Null Mantle lost 4 MR. Haunting Guise and Sorc Shoes lost 5 pen. Magic Pen was nerfed more. The end.

The cost of Negatron went up by 100 gold in addition to losing MR.

Additionally build options for both these items have lost some of their power since S2.

Negatron costs 70 more gold, that's like 3 creeps, not too much as for the loss of MR...it is hardly noticeable and the build options went up since now you can build visage out of it, it only lost FoN so it evens out.
---
"Warwick are you jungling"
"No I'm standing by the wolves because I miss my family"
3 years ago#26
I think they're going about this wrong. Nerfing the flat armor pen isn't the right move. Especially on the Brutalizer. The Brutalizer was fine.

First off, since "Stacking" is the problem, make the entire damn thing Unique. I don't see the real issue here. Making any part of it not unique is just asking for people to stack them.

Second, the Passive itself is the biggest problem, not the armor pen. That 30% armor reduction is basically a Last Whisper built into the item for a lot of champs. With Talon, Renekton, or Riven, for example, I can dish out 4 hits for the full reduction in just over a second or so for full reduction. And this is REDUCTION, not penetration, so the entire team can benefit from this. Right there, the Black Cleaver almost obseletes the Last Whisper if the champ can apply it's full stacks fast enough.

So it's basically a Last Whisper that grants it's effects to teammates (Their armor is reduced for EVERYONE, not just the cleaver-weilder), with +250 HP, +15 Armor Pen, and +10% Cooldown Reduction. THAT is the main problem. That huge passive turns it from a "Good" item, into a no-brainer for a lot of champs.

If they wanted to fix it, IMO...first off, like I said, make it completely unique. Second, you can keep the passive...but make it take more stacks. Maybe have it put 3.75% reduction per stack, up to 30%. That means that you would actually have to focus the target and apply 8 stacks to get the full debuff...and THEN keep attacking to keep the stacks refreshed.

That way it wouldn't allow bursty or multi-hit champs to get what basically amounts to a Last Whisper with tons of other bonuses...
---
We can all learn something from the Legend of Zelda and it's triforce, Power is nothing without the courage and wisdom to make use of it...
3 years ago#27
JaggiJumper posted...
Remember pre-patch? Brutalizer was always a "good" item, but only worth the buy for early domination, because its upgrade sucked on most champs who liked it, so you'd lose gold selling it late game.

When it got an upgrade, it should've been nerfed. Now there was no flaw in buying it, which is a direct buff.

Now as to stacking them, it makes you too tanky, and gives you all the stats you want.

Stop whining the nerfs are 100% deserved.

whine moar for nerfs badd
---
Worlds best JOHNNY CAGE. Makin look easy since '94
3 years ago#28
BlackHole001 posted...
JaggiJumper posted...
Remember pre-patch? Brutalizer was always a "good" item, but only worth the buy for early domination, because its upgrade sucked on most champs who liked it, so you'd lose gold selling it late game.

When it got an upgrade, it should've been nerfed. Now there was no flaw in buying it, which is a direct buff.

Now as to stacking them, it makes you too tanky, and gives you all the stats you want.

Stop whining the nerfs are 100% deserved.

whine moar for nerfs badd

Bet you would call the high elo players bad as well since they're also stacking BC's
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. everyone stfu the cleaver and Brutalizer nerfs are all deserved

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived