I don't 'get' Teemo mid.

#1Dark_Luna3Posted 12/9/2012 4:11:47 PM
I just don't.

I swear, they do absolutely nothing in teamfights. And always smug-ass before the game starts. Always.

I've always, always told myself I'll never dodge based on champ selection (assuming the champ is in a viable role). But Teemo mid? Sorry, but that's the last for me.

I mean, he's seemingly not very good at winning lane either. What's the appeal? Teemo top can work, certainly (because he won't replace an actual legitimate AP carry) but... Eh.

Won 5/10 of my placements. 3 of the losses were with a... you guessed it.

---

ITT: I write 'always' a lot.
#2BlocktopusPosted 12/9/2012 4:15:36 PM
always
---
http://i.imgur.com/cuYAp.gif
#3BIadeBIadePosted 12/9/2012 4:23:47 PM
When I play AP teemo, when teamfights roll around, I just play like an AD carry. A bit of burst, but really high sustained single target damage.

Bonus points if said teamfight occurs in shroom hell.
---
Rift - Zantoma @ Threesprings <Transience> 11/11 Conq, 8/8
LoL - aljskdfasdf PSO2 JP - Rasmolov @ Ship 10
#4pastaman2232Posted 12/9/2012 4:31:23 PM
teemo mid is what happens when
1) the teemo is bored of playing top, or sucks
2) someone else instalocked top and the guy still wants to play teemo

tankish ap teemo is good, but he doesn't have many good matchups mid to dominate lane against
---
.: Senraid IV :.
http://i48.tinypic.com/51dcnn.png
#5Dark_Luna3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 4:34:55 PM(edited)
BIadeBIade posted...
When I play AP teemo, when teamfights roll around, I just play like an AD carry. A bit of burst, but really high sustained single target damage.

Bonus points if said teamfight occurs in shroom hell.

Maybe I just get bad luck with them then.

He honestly has the drawbacks of Veigar/LB with none of the strengths. 500 range. Pfff. Looking at it that way, and he's pretty bad at teamfighting. The best thing he contributes are mushrooms which are easily countered.

BIadeBIade posted...
tankish ap teemo is good, but he doesn't have many good matchups mid to dominate lane against

I have nothing against Teemo top if he's specifically chosen to counter and win lane. Otherwise, yeah, I don't see any benefit. He's not even that good at pushing either. ._.
#6iMillatimePosted 12/9/2012 4:38:47 PM(edited)
funny, i won two teemo games mid ap in a row because of how broken his damage is with liandry's.

but uh yeah, keep on not getting it so you don't see his power. it's not the champs fault you played with bad mid players.

there's a reason he's getting picks and bans in tournament level games right now, and it's cause he's got broken damage. there's nothing to "get" about it. his shrooms got a RIDICULOUS buff with oracles being gone, liandry's does 10% of an opponents health per shroom, and toxic shot absolutely shreds people, even more than some of these black cleaver stackers.

People may suck with him, but the good players out there are instagibbing people with his broken damage.

edit: this post looks rude, didn't mean for it to. I'm on my med and my head is pounding.
---
It's Millatime
~What's wrong Mr. Bubbles?~
#7VegerunksPosted 12/9/2012 4:39:50 PM
Late game AP teemo has a major help in teemo fights... if the tanks don't end of tripping one of his mushrooms it can end up insta killing the Carries.
---
Xbox 360 GamerTag: HolyKnight22
PSN: CrimsonDivide
#8pastaman2232Posted 12/9/2012 4:40:52 PM
map control with the shrooms, they have a high base damage, good scaling and are even better now with the oracles nerf.

other than that, you've got pretty good DPS, and it's easy to snowball top and dominate mid game.
---
#9mutation10101Posted 12/9/2012 4:42:34 PM
pastaman2232 posted...
map control with the shrooms, they have a high base damage, good scaling and are even better now with the oracles nerf.

other than that, you've got pretty good DPS, and it's easy to snowball top and dominate mid game.

Next patch they are getting nerfed. Decently hard might I add.
---
10-6-12 The day LoL kept crashing to save the wards.
#10pastaman2232Posted 12/9/2012 4:47:17 PM
pastaman2232 posted...

Next patch they are getting nerfed. Decently hard might I add.

source?
---