How do you beat a Cho top lane?

#1FatherRussiaPosted 12/9/2012 6:19:47 PM
Just wondering who is a good pick into that match up, he seems pretty much unkillable no matter who I take, with all that sustain, passive health, and cc. Should I just settle for a farm lane and try to roam a bit? He pushes pretty hard it is tough to leave lane unless I'm like singed or something.

I can never seem to do anything but stalemate the lane and Cho has a pretty insane mid game if I can't get the feast stacks off of him.
#2kirbymuncherPosted 12/9/2012 6:23:16 PM
play someone who can bully him really hard in the first few levels
---
THIS IS WHAT I HATE A BOUT EVREY WEBSITE!! THERES SO MUCH PEOPLE READING AND POSTING STUIPED STUFF
#3Ferd_Da_BirdPosted 12/9/2012 6:25:54 PM
Get a gank-happy jungler like Maokai who can camp top and mid the whole game. Keep the pressure on him and make him use a ton of mana on farming if you can. I've found someone like Renekton can counter him quite well, as once he gets to like 4 feast stacks you can't touch him.

Alternatively, you can get someone similar like Singed and have top be the most passive piece of **** ever.
---
Never give up.
Never surrender.
#4Fenrir the WolfPosted 12/9/2012 6:33:56 PM
Singed is good for the above mentioned reason. Nasus can work too since both guys just want to farm all day.
---
And then John was a zombie.
#5EDumeyPosted 12/9/2012 6:35:47 PM
Pick someone aggressive and then get jungler to get you the advantage. Basically what it comes to.

If Darius can get a kill or two advantage, he can generally keep a bad Cho shut down. Jax's post-6 burst should be more than enough to keep Cho down as long as you aren't getting hit too hard in trades.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#6TwilightKing13Posted 12/9/2012 6:44:23 PM
Dear FatherRussia,

Send your squishy ap mid top instead.

Sincerely,
Not Cho'Gath.
---
"Any voice can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart! " ~Sho Minamimoto
~~Twilight King~~
#7aHappySackaPosted 12/9/2012 6:47:26 PM
I'm assuming it's AP Cho, he pushes the lane really easily so get ganks from your jungler when he's pushed. He is also really weak early on so you can bully him as well. Lastly if all else fails then use a dedicated counter such as Vayne or Kog'Maw although you better be good if you're going to use Kog.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#8Shadow EdgePosted 12/9/2012 6:59:32 PM
A decent top Cho turns off his E unless he intends to push or if he will also hit the enemy. Cho is excellent at freezing lanes because of his massive sustain.
---
ns
#9genericname1234Posted 12/9/2012 7:04:45 PM
It's a really easy lane for nasus. He can get his Q farm on really easily against Cho.
---
"SR'ing is having the RNG abuse you." Deshokun
#10kusanagi888Posted 12/9/2012 7:08:24 PM
chinese spear man